Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Does any one else find it hard....

Posted by   + Show Post

to find young mothers in your area that aren't still mentally in high school? I am 23 years old with a beautiful 4 year old boy, moved into the area about 3 years ago. Because i was a sahm for quite some time, i knew no one besides my SO and my DS. Then i found a few moms my age later down the road and soon came to realize that having a child did not in fact make them realize that the things they did before the child was born-were not OK anymore. (if that makes sense) One was doing drugs, another was promiscuous (who i felt bad for, but i don't think its okay to bring a different guy into your childs life every other week, if you're going to have fun, don't involve your childs feelings *my opinion*.) Anyway, so now i am back to square one when it comes to friends-let alone friends who have children...its really frustrating and it can feel lonely at times. Has anyone else been in the same situation?

by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Replies (11-20):
luvmybug
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 2:51 PM

i mean, when i first found out i was pregnant at 16, i certainly didn't act like i was 16 anymore, and never did since. i grew into a woman that day and saw the world from a different "grown up"view.

Quoting Bree613:

too true =\

Quoting luvmybug:

i don't understand it either. some young moms give us young moms a really bad name. 

Quoting Bree613:

Too hard. I dont know how one doesnt 'grow up' the instant they feel that baby kicking! I wish there were more moms out there that put their kids first, and their longing to get that 'young life-style' back down the drain. 

Quoting luvmybug:

yes. it is hard to find moms that don't "grow up". 

stephjohn
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, i know what you mean. It's been over three years since i've go out to party with girlfriends. No don't get me wrong i love to go and get lunch but going out and partying in a bar with friends when i am a mom and wife is just not something i want to do.

Bree613
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Same here (except i was 17) i aged 20 years over night (mentally) and felt amazing about it. Never second guessed anything- and i didnt force it to happen either- it just naturally does! (for only a few of us apparently) 

Quoting luvmybug:

i mean, when i first found out i was pregnant at 16, i certainly didn't act like i was 16 anymore, and never did since. i grew into a woman that day and saw the world from a different "grown up"view.

Quoting Bree613:

too true =\

Quoting luvmybug:

i don't understand it either. some young moms give us young moms a really bad name. 

Quoting Bree613:

Too hard. I dont know how one doesnt 'grow up' the instant they feel that baby kicking! I wish there were more moms out there that put their kids first, and their longing to get that 'young life-style' back down the drain. 

Quoting luvmybug:

luvmybug
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

i guess only a few young mothers ever grow up. my sister, for example, even though she had her son at 23 still acts like she's in high school. ugh. it really pisses me off.

Quoting Bree613:

Same here (except i was 17) i aged 20 years over night (mentally) and felt amazing about it. Never second guessed anything- and i didnt force it to happen either- it just naturally does! (for only a few of us apparently) 

Quoting luvmybug:

Quoting Bree613:

too true =\

Quoting luvmybug:

Quoting Bree613:

Quoting luvmybug:

erinmomofone
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 3:09 PM
I know what you mean I was 14 when I had my baby and I grow up so fast and I see other moms who act like they arent moms.

OP I have a heard time finding young moms. I have 4 mommy friends actually as a matter of fact they are my only friends.

Quoting luvmybug:

Quoting Bree613:

too true =\

Quoting luvmybug:

Quoting Bree613:

Quoting luvmybug:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teenmom33
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Im in that situation! and it absolutely sucks!

Bree613
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 3:59 PM

That it does. =(

Quoting teenmom33:

Im in that situation! and it absolutely sucks!

Chillisarah
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Beside my friends from high school and when I used to work, I have a hard time finding friends also..maybe because I am a SAHM.

Slayton723
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't have any friends really because of this. If its not drugs and partying its starting unnecessary drama that I don't need to deal with. I've lived in the same place for 6 years and never really made friends other than dh. Hence the reason I joined here :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bree613
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 4:45 PM

This is the exact same reason i joined this site as well. I just wish more of you lived in my area dangit!!!! LOL

Quoting Slayton723:

I don't have any friends really because of this. If its not drugs and partying its starting unnecessary drama that I don't need to deal with. I've lived in the same place for 6 years and never really made friends other than dh. Hence the reason I joined here :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)