Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does any one else find it hard....

Posted by   + Show Post

to find young mothers in your area that aren't still mentally in high school? I am 23 years old with a beautiful 4 year old boy, moved into the area about 3 years ago. Because i was a sahm for quite some time, i knew no one besides my SO and my DS. Then i found a few moms my age later down the road and soon came to realize that having a child did not in fact make them realize that the things they did before the child was born-were not OK anymore. (if that makes sense) One was doing drugs, another was promiscuous (who i felt bad for, but i don't think its okay to bring a different guy into your childs life every other week, if you're going to have fun, don't involve your childs feelings *my opinion*.) Anyway, so now i am back to square one when it comes to friends-let alone friends who have children...its really frustrating and it can feel lonely at times. Has anyone else been in the same situation?

by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Replies (21-30):
Slayton723
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Where are you?

Quoting Bree613:

This is the exact same reason i joined this site as well. I just wish more of you lived in my area dangit!!!! LOL

Quoting Slayton723:

I don't have any friends really because of this. If its not drugs and partying its starting unnecessary drama that I don't need to deal with. I've lived in the same place for 6 years and never really made friends other than dh. Hence the reason I joined here :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bree613
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 4:48 PM

I moved to southern california about 3 years ago =)

Quoting Slayton723:

Where are you?

Quoting Bree613:

This is the exact same reason i joined this site as well. I just wish more of you lived in my area dangit!!!! LOL

Quoting Slayton723:

I don't have any friends really because of this. If its not drugs and partying its starting unnecessary drama that I don't need to deal with. I've lived in the same place for 6 years and never really made friends other than dh. Hence the reason I joined here :)

Slayton723
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Ah yeah I'm in good ' ol north carolina.

Quoting Bree613:

I moved to southern california about 3 years ago =)

Quoting Slayton723:

Where are you?

Quoting Bree613:

Quoting Slayton723:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babylove041810
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this
It's hard to find anyone my age (21) who is not still mentally in high school. It doesn't matter if they are parents or not.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bree613
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 5:13 PM

too true.

Quoting babylove041810:

It's hard to find anyone my age (21) who is not still mentally in high school. It doesn't matter if they are parents or not.

Slayton723
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm 21 for the next three days lol

Quoting Bree613:

too true.

Quoting babylove041810:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cass2626
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I looked up my state, and city on here and found two groups (baltimore and maryland) there isnt a lot of people on there but most that are, are looking for other moms to friend, try looking up where you live on here and see if there is a group 

dsebastian23
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I was 21 when my DD was born but I didnt really hang out with anyone just my DD and my DH.

Bree613
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 9:17 PM

I did! There is one group with about 20 something moms, but its DEAD! And extremely inactive. BUT i did befriend one mom on there =) Thanks!

Quoting Cass2626:

I looked up my state, and city on here and found two groups (baltimore and maryland) there isnt a lot of people on there but most that are, are looking for other moms to friend, try looking up where you live on here and see if there is a group 

heathermarie23
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm with you.  Esp. different men in and out of their lives.  I'd much rather spend time with my kids then random men anyday anyway.  I do have a male friend who has been like my bffe for 7-8 years and I have recently introduced my kids to him, but only because I don't feel like he's going anywhere anytime soon.  I usually only hang out with my friends when we are doing kid things, like going to Disney or the fair, a museum, bowling alley, movie theater, etc. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)