Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Does any one else find it hard....

Posted by   + Show Post

to find young mothers in your area that aren't still mentally in high school? I am 23 years old with a beautiful 4 year old boy, moved into the area about 3 years ago. Because i was a sahm for quite some time, i knew no one besides my SO and my DS. Then i found a few moms my age later down the road and soon came to realize that having a child did not in fact make them realize that the things they did before the child was born-were not OK anymore. (if that makes sense) One was doing drugs, another was promiscuous (who i felt bad for, but i don't think its okay to bring a different guy into your childs life every other week, if you're going to have fun, don't involve your childs feelings *my opinion*.) Anyway, so now i am back to square one when it comes to friends-let alone friends who have children...its really frustrating and it can feel lonely at times. Has anyone else been in the same situation?

by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Replies (31-39):
Cass2626
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Bree613:

I did! There is one group with about 20 something moms, but its DEAD! And extremely inactive. BUT i did befriend one mom on there =) Thanks!

Quoting Cass2626:

I looked up my state, and city on here and found two groups (baltimore and maryland) there isnt a lot of people on there but most that are, are looking for other moms to friend, try looking up where you live on here and see if there is a group 

yea, mine are pretty dead too, i think my baltimore one has 2 moms lol glad you made a friend though :) np

CafeMom Tickers
heather4511
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a really hard time. That's why most of my friends with kids are about 24/25 and I usually connect better with older adults as well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bree613
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 11:39 PM

THATS WHAT IVE BEEN THINKING! - to seriously just set an age range of women that i talk to. (older than I, obviously.) My son just started school, but a lot of the mothers look at me as if i am incapable...kwim? Have you ever gotten weird looks from mothers that are older than you? Like you don't know what you are doing or judge you right off the bat because you are younger?!?

Quoting heather4511:

I have a really hard time. That's why most of my friends with kids are about 24/25 and I usually connect better with older adults as well.

littleinsect
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I know a couple girls like that but I don't talk to or spend time with them. I have two close friends and our kids are all within 7 months of each other. They are mature past their age which I appreciate because it makes it nice to have adult conversation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather4511
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 2:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh yes! When I would take my daughter to school I always felt judged by the other moms just because I look so young and am not married. So I've tried portraying a better image of myself and also making small talk with the moms to show I'm not a stereotypical young mom.

Quoting Bree613:

THATS WHAT IVE BEEN THINKING! - to seriously just set an age range of women that i talk to. (older than I, obviously.) My son just started school, but a lot of the mothers look at me as if i am incapable...kwim? Have you ever gotten weird looks from mothers that are older than you? Like you don't know what you are doing or judge you right off the bat because you are younger?!?

Quoting heather4511:

eds6619
by Emily on Oct. 21, 2012 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I have difficulties being around any mothers that are younger than I am.

milmil06
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm friends with older girls we moved to va almost 2 years ago in march we lived in the city and I didn't make friends except one who didn't have kids I wasn't worried about it though cus I knew we were gonna build a house in the country so we moved out here to the country in June and I've become friends with older ladies I'm 24 my neighbor is 30 she has a 12 yr old and a 5 yo our kids play I'm friends with my other neighbor who is 25 and doesn't have kids and another lady who's in her late 30's and the ladies from my sons per school who I socialize with r in their mid 30's bc I don't know girls my age with kids and the girls I am friends with who r my age r in college and don't have kids I've accepted that I'm older for my age and that most women with kids my age are older but it's nice
melissaaytes
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 1:48 PM

I am 25 so I don't completely relate to the very young moms, I had my daughter at 22 so I was a little grown up.  But my BIL has a gf who is 19 with an 8 month old.  She is an alcoholic who never takes care of her child.  It is so frustrating and sad.  When you have a child, no matter what age you are, grow up and take responsibility for that child.  They need their moms in their life, not drunk and partying!  I wanted to slap her one time she came over and I was holding him saying how much he had grown since the last time I saw him and she was like "Yea he gets bigger everytime I see him" To me that is NOT a mother!  Sorry to go off on a rant but I understand everything you are saying and good for you for being there mentally and physically for your child!!   I am not saying never go out in the least lol, there are times when my MIL takes my daughter for the night and me and hubby go out have a few beers and then come home and drink some more, but our child is never there when that happens!!!  

Ag26
by Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 2:05 PM
I know a lot of people like that and i feel for the kids there the ones that are being affected I'm 20 and have a two year old and im having another one next month and I still feel guilty just leaving him to go to a movie I don't see how someoms leave there kids every weekend
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)