Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

How do you feel about your pregnancy/baby? 

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:33 AM
Replies (31-40):
teenmomto2
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:31 PM
With my first DD I was happy after the initial shock wore off. When I found out about second DD, I wanted nothing to do with her because I went through the pregnancy alone and their dad was planning a baby with his new gf so I was depressed. But she was born 2 months early and I realized how special she is and how blessed I am. God only gives you what he knows you can handle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aniters
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:51 PM
I love my baby. he's my world I just wish I would have waited longer to have him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AdoptingMommy
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:04 PM
Reading you were raped and seeing what your saying, Makes some sense. However I dont know why you think Adoption is so horriblw its not an option. Nature & Nurture is very important. Your baby will need the I loves you's, They will need cuddling, They will need much Love not just cared for. Research for the Genes of Rape are contriversal, I know a Birthmom who was viciously raped, And also worried about her son gaving that gene. And its possible. I. KNOW that I HAVE the addictive gene, Both my parents being alcoholics and Father a drug addict but Im concious of it, And have never touched a drug or cig and I have a 1 drink limit i NEVER break if I ever drink. The knowledge is key.
I do wish you luck. But please do what us best for the baby, Not you. Family adoption or non family, If you dont ever LOVE them its not going to have a good life.

Quoting rnchelle93:

The father will never be around, I don't know who he is. Consciously I know that nature is more important than nurture, but a part of me is still scared that genes will win and my child will be like the father.

Quoting heather4511:

My son looks like his father a bit and it bothers me, but I feel better knowing Liam is very much a part of me, as your child is very much a part of YOU. I don't know your situation, though Iknow in my case his father will never come near him as long as I am around...so I will be the one shaping who he is. He will grow and be the person he is, because of me. Many thing on life are unexpected, itdS how you handle them that matters. I hope when you see your baby, you too will love every part about them.

Quoting rnchelle93:

I keep hearing that, and I hope very much its true. My greatest fear is that the baby will very clearly not look like me. I don't know if I could handle that. But the hormones definitely make everything that much worse and harder to handle.

Quoting heather4511:

I had gone through a brief period of that during my pregnancy...and I am sure that is amplified by the hormones. You will most likely see your baby and be overwhelmed with love for your child. It is love at first sight.

Quoting rnchelle93:

I'm 19 and pregnant with my first. I'm miserable. I never wanted this, and I am not happy. I used to hate it, but now, I just don't like it. I'm angry and scared and upset and I feel like my body betrayed me and I am being punished again. I don't love or even like the baby, and I am terrified of the future and how I can make this work. I'm mad that the life I had and the life I had planned for is gone.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rnchelle93
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:07 PM
I don't think its awful, its just not something I would ever do. Just because I give it away doesn't mean it'll be loved anymore than if I keep it. I'm not doing this for me because its best for me, best for me would be not having a kid. But I wot give a human being away and just hope it all turns out ok. Family adoption would never be an option, none of my family is able to adopt, but adoption itself would never be an option I would consider.

Quoting AdoptingMommy:

Reading you were raped and seeing what your saying, Makes some sense. However I dont know why you think Adoption is so horriblw its not an option. Nature & Nurture is very important. Your baby will need the I loves you's, They will need cuddling, They will need much Love not just cared for. Research for the Genes of Rape are contriversal, I know a Birthmom who was viciously raped, And also worried about her son gaving that gene. And its possible. I. KNOW that I HAVE the addictive gene, Both my parents being alcoholics and Father a drug addict but Im concious of it, And have never touched a drug or cig and I have a 1 drink limit i NEVER break if I ever drink. The knowledge is key.

I do wish you luck. But please do what us best for the baby, Not you. Family adoption or non family, If you dont ever LOVE them its not going to have a good life.

Quoting rnchelle93:

The father will never be around, I don't know who he is. Consciously I know that nature is more important than nurture, but a part of me is still scared that genes will win and my child will be like the father.

Quoting heather4511:

My son looks like his father a bit and it bothers me, but I feel better knowing Liam is very much a part of me, as your child is very much a part of YOU. I don't know your situation, though Iknow in my case his father will never come near him as long as I am around...so I will be the one shaping who he is. He will grow and be the person he is, because of me. Many thing on life are unexpected, itdS how you handle them that matters. I hope when you see your baby, you too will love every part about them.

Quoting rnchelle93:

I keep hearing that, and I hope very much its true. My greatest fear is that the baby will very clearly not look like me. I don't know if I could handle that. But the hormones definitely make everything that much worse and harder to handle.

Quoting heather4511:

I had gone through a brief period of that during my pregnancy...and I am sure that is amplified by the hormones. You will most likely see your baby and be overwhelmed with love for your child. It is love at first sight.

Quoting rnchelle93:

I'm 19 and pregnant with my first. I'm miserable. I never wanted this, and I am not happy. I used to hate it, but now, I just don't like it. I'm angry and scared and upset and I feel like my body betrayed me and I am being punished again. I don't love or even like the baby, and I am terrified of the future and how I can make this work. I'm mad that the life I had and the life I had planned for is gone.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmybug
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:18 PM

well, back when i was pregnant everything was so surreal because dd was a complete surprise. it didn't even really hit me until after i had her that i was a mommy. for me, being prganant at 16 was terrifying and really hard on me. i got very sick and had to be put on bedrest for quite a while. 

AdoptingMommy
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:47 PM
I guess if you picked the wrong adoptive family maybe, When we adopted our daughter she has been our complete world since day 1 moment 1, And at 1 yr old we noticed she wasnt the same as other children, And began seeing Dr & Dr Developememtally she is fine however she has a very rare syndrome that has multiple symptoms that effect many things in her body (multiple systems endo, resp, heart ect) And even through every moment she is our everything she is also her birthmothers world, We have a open adoption and im sure she worries bc Sara was her 5th child and she parents the first 4. Its not for everyone but its great sometimes

Quoting rnchelle93:

I don't think its awful, its just not something I would ever do. Just because I give it away doesn't mean it'll be loved anymore than if I keep it. I'm not doing this for me because its best for me, best for me would be not having a kid. But I wot give a human being away and just hope it all turns out ok. Family adoption would never be an option, none of my family is able to adopt, but adoption itself would never be an option I would consider.

Quoting AdoptingMommy:

Quoting rnchelle93:

Quoting heather4511:

Quoting rnchelle93:

Quoting heather4511:

Quoting rnchelle93:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamuelsMommy13
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

im 19 & will be 20 13 days after my babys due date! :) im very excited and happy to bring my bundle of joy into the world. ive never once seen him as a mistake or a curse! he is and will always be a blessing<3

eds6619
by Emily on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:26 PM

not a teen mama

myusernamedied
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Quoting rnchelle93:

Please don't take this the wrong way, but perhaps you should look into adoption. It's not the baby's fault and by the way it sounds, you somewhat resent it for what happened. Try to think positive, every baby has a purpose and it's your responsibility to point it in the right direction. I hope that I haven't  crossed a line or anything, but I hope you make the choice that's best for you and the baby. Have a wonderful day, and I wish you all the best in your pregnancy.

CafeMom Tickers
rnchelle93
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:30 PM
No, I won't look into adoption, that is not an option I'd ever consider.

Quoting myusernamedied:

Quoting rnchelle93:

Please don't take this the wrong way, but perhaps you should look into adoption. It's not the baby's fault and by the way it sounds, you somewhat resent it for what happened. Try to think positive, every baby has a purpose and it's your responsibility to point it in the right direction. I hope that I haven't  crossed a line or anything, but I hope you make the choice that's best for you and the baby. Have a wonderful day, and I wish you all the best in your pregnancy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)