Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

My mother in Law is making me CRAZY!

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:16 PM
  • 6 Replies
Okay. So with Evan the only people I had in the room were Austin and my mom. And Aria, just Austin. His mother is INSISTING that she should get to be in the room. And she won't give it up. I've explained to her that its a very special moment and its for Austin and I only. And she will get her time with Avery when she gets here.
Not only that but she keeps trying to tell me how to raise Aria. I never asked for her opinion. She hates that Aria takes a nap in my bed with a movie on. I don't know why.
Anyone else's MIL this way?!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:23 PM
I am sorry. I don't know my ex mom. However my family is that way with telling me to raise my daughter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaPeyton622
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Its really annoying. Like. Hello I'm the mom. I know what I'm doing. And she does it with EVERYTHING. Like at dinner the other night I was giving Aria some of my noodles, but I cut them up and everything. And she said "She should still be having bottles." Im like really? Okay.

Quoting erinmomofone:

I am sorry. I don't know my ex mom. However my family is that way with telling me to raise my daughter.

erinmomofone
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:30 PM
Yeah I am always compaired to my cousins.

Quoting MommaPeyton622:

Its really annoying. Like. Hello I'm the mom. I know what I'm doing. And she does it with EVERYTHING. Like at dinner the other night I was giving Aria some of my noodles, but I cut them up and everything. And she said "She should still be having bottles." Im like really? Okay.

Quoting erinmomofone:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AubreeGrace17
by Aubree on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Who are all these people you're talking about? I am so confused! Sorry, I wish I could follow your story.

MommaPeyton622
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:07 PM
Sorry. Evan, is my son who is adopted. Aria is my 1 year old daughter. Avery is the baby in my belly. And Austin is my fiancée <3

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

Who are all these people you're talking about? I am so confused! Sorry, I wish I could follow your story.

WithHope
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:09 PM
I always say "I'm sorry, is he your baby," when people tell me how to raise my boys. Most only do it once. Can you just not tell your MIL when you go to have your daughter? Sorry it's a tough situation for you!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)