Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Would love some opinions on giving birth.

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm 34 weeks now with my first and I haven't really put much thought into how birthing and labor may be. Well I'm doing birthing classes online and have been watching a lot of videos and what not and they seem to make labor a lot more intense and painful then it's really put out to be. O_O Can I get some opinions on how you ladies went through it all? What all did you do before actually having the baby? Cuz, now, I'm starting to kinda freak myself out. lol My mom told me that it really wasn't that bad at all and that she didn't even know she was at 10 cm, and with the help of pain killers, it wasn't all that bad.

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Replies (21-25):
xredstarsx
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:47 PM
The thing is its much harder to push a baby out on your back. It makes your pelvis flatten and have less room. Using gravity will make it go faster and is better for your body. Of course you would probably think I'm crazy as I am having a home birth so obviously no drugs. And I have had an epidural in the past. I hated it and ended up with a c section.

Quoting Kazmira222:

True, but I wouldn't wanna deliver the baby any other way than laying down O_o that stuff gets weird. Lol and in all reality, I don't wanna feel a thing now that I've thought about it.

Quoting astrong5:

It is better not to get an epidural because your body can't do the natural things it was meant to do during labor (like walk around and get into different positons for the baby to come out easer). You can easily get through pain by expressing it in low calming humming. But if you want to have it, its better than using pain killers because the epidural doesnt affect the baby but the pills will.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kazmira222
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:55 PM
I understand what your getting at, but I would feel weird or uncomfortable squatting or sitting up. :s idk. I think I'm really insecure about things. My ob gas told me letting gravity help is a better way to for, but I can't see myself doing that. Lol

Quoting xredstarsx:

The thing is its much harder to push a baby out on your back. It makes your pelvis flatten and have less room. Using gravity will make it go faster and is better for your body. Of course you would probably think I'm crazy as I am having a home birth so obviously no drugs. And I have had an epidural in the past. I hated it and ended up with a c section.

Quoting Kazmira222:

True, but I wouldn't wanna deliver the baby any other way than laying down O_o that stuff gets weird. Lol and in all reality, I don't wanna feel a thing now that I've thought about it.

Quoting astrong5:

It is better not to get an epidural because your body can't do the natural things it was meant to do during labor (like walk around and get into different positons for the baby to come out easer). You can easily get through pain by expressing it in low calming humming. But if you want to have it, its better than using pain killers because the epidural doesnt affect the baby but the pills will.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littleinsect
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:55 PM
The contractions are the worst. I ha no pain meds but was induced. Pitocin made them really strong. It wasn't that bad and honestly once you have your baby in your arms you will be so proud and happy you forget about the pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
astrong5
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok here's my last advice and say, If you do plan natural make sure everything goes right! If they have to induce you or give you pitocin I suggest epidural because you will not be feeling natural contractions if you have to be given all that extra stuff and it will hurt you terribly. But hey do what you feel is comfortable for you and your baby :)

carinsmommy
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't watch the shows on television...LOL They aren't very realistic.
The best advice is to labor at home as long as you can. You will be way more comfortable at home and able to move, eat, and drink if you want to.
I would strongly recommend avoiding induction unless it is absolutely neccesarry. It (can) cause a lot of issues and complications.
Each persons labor and delivery is different. Try not to think about it or worry about it too much. Its going to happen whether you worry or not.
Its not as bad as everyone make it seem.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)