Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms
Do any of you feel like you are missing out or have missed out on opportunities or fun that others our ages may be experiencing?

It's a question out of curiosity
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:11 AM
Replies (11-20):
KAP4198
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:34 PM
I feel like that a lot :/ like tonight... All my girlfriends are going out and I'm home with my babies! I love them and don't feel like this as much, but since hubby is deployed its worse. I missed my entire senior year as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicki1995
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:38 PM
2 moms liked this
Not at all. I chose to get pregnant and married at this age. I think if i didnt have my daughter i would be missing out on her! I have no regrets with what iv done =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rnchelle93
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Yes, I am and will be missing out on a lot, having fun, going out, being wild, traveling, and even jobs that I can't take now because I'll have a kid to consider. I don't mean getting drunk or partying, but just going to a movie because I want to, only I can't afford it and once its born, I really won't be able to afford it, and I can't just go because I want to. I can't go hang out with friends at a moments notice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rfhsure
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:09 PM

yeah, all the time. I was big into the party scene and had lots of friends, well I can't really say they were real friends now seeing as they disappeared when I got pregnant. But there's events and things going on all the time, I was with someone I liked and they failed because he's not ready to be responsible, and I can't really blame him at our age. A band I've been wanting to see for almost 5 years is finally coming to town...3 days before my due date. Things are happening around me all the time I wish I could do and it makes me feel depressed sometimes. But I know if I didn't have my son and I was doing all these things, a few years down the road when all my friends are getting married and having babies, I'd really be wishing then that I had my son. So I think the grass is always greener, and you can't really do anything but be thankful for what you have, because a day will always come where if you didn't have it, you'll wish you did.

ara-myangel
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:20 PM
With a baby comes sacrifice is what I've learned. Even though I wasn't in high school as you when I had my baby, I'm still in college and will not to be able to do things college students do. No college parties, no drinking, and no clubbin anytime of the week as I used to do.

Quoting erinmomofone:

Yes I feel like I missed out and am still missing out. I never went to a homecoming because I was pregnant my freshman year, then I had a baby the rest. I never went to prom because I had a child to raise. I will never get to have the college experience. All of it I sometimes miss but I would never change my daughter for anything.
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:24 PM
Yep, but you hsve your little one. My daughter is my life and my everything.

Quoting ara-myangel:

With a baby comes sacrifice is what I've learned. Even though I wasn't in high school as you when I had my baby, I'm still in college and will not to be able to do things college students do. No college parties, no drinking, and no clubbin anytime of the week as I used to do.

Quoting erinmomofone:

Yes I feel like I missed out and am still missing out. I never went to a homecoming because I was pregnant my freshman year, then I had a baby the rest. I never went to prom because I had a child to raise. I will never get to have the college experience. All of it I sometimes miss but I would never change my daughter for anything.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ara-myangel
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:24 PM
So true. It's always best to recognize our blessings.
I'm in college so of course I loved to drink whenever I could. Being engaged while I was pregnant and in college was definitely like a lockdown in the eyes of other college students.
Sorry to hear about the "friends" who dipped out on you. Loyalty is hard to come across these days.

Quoting rfhsure:

yeah, all the time. I was big into the party scene and had lots of friends, well I can't really say they were real friends now seeing as they disappeared when I got pregnant. But there's events and things going on all the time, I was with someone I liked and they failed because he's not ready to be responsible, and I can't really blame him at our age. A band I've been wanting to see for almost 5 years is finally coming to town...3 days before my due date. Things are happening around me all the time I wish I could do and it makes me feel depressed sometimes. But I know if I didn't have my son and I was doing all these things, a few years down the road when all my friends are getting married and having babies, I'd really be wishing then that I had my son. So I think the grass is always greener, and you can't really do anything but be thankful for what you have, because a day will always come where if you didn't have it, you'll wish you did.

ara-myangel
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:29 PM
She always make me smile :)

Quoting erinmomofone:

Quoting ara-myangel:

Quoting erinmomofone:

ara-myangel
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:30 PM
You definitely can't travel lightly with a baby. That's for sure. So no spontaneous outings for me unless it's for something my daughter needs.
I absolutely love her but what they say is true. Everything changes with a baby

Quoting rnchelle93:

Yes, I am and will be missing out on a lot, having fun, going out, being wild, traveling, and even jobs that I can't take now because I'll have a kid to consider. I don't mean getting drunk or partying, but just going to a movie because I want to, only I can't afford it and once its born, I really won't be able to afford it, and I can't just go because I want to. I can't go hang out with friends at a moments notice.
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:31 PM
Mine too.

Quoting ara-myangel:

She always make me smile :)

Quoting erinmomofone:

Quoting ara-myangel:

Quoting erinmomofone:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)