Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms
So, how do you feel about another girls name tattooed on your boyfriend or husband? Im not talking about mom or daughter. Im talking ex-gf, ex-wife, ex-lover, Ect. What would you do or say? Has this happened to you? Are there exceptions?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Replies (11-20):
Sonata8
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:44 AM
I think it's stupid to tattoo someone's name on your body.
Sonata8
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:44 AM
I think it's stupid to tattoo someone's name on your body.
StrawberryCool
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:48 AM
I told my husband that I would NEVER EVER get his name....ill get our wedding date. But other than that, his name wont go anywhere on my body.

Only names going in my body are addisons and my moms.
Mel0dy
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:35 AM

If it was a EX from the past thats fine but if we got married I would feel alot better if he got it covered up 

AubreeGrace17
by Aubree on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's weird. I would feel odd being intimate with someone who had an ex's name on them.

katiehopson
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:25 PM

I don't think I would get involved with anyone that had someone else's name on them besides a family member. If I did, I would definitely suggest he get a cover up or get it removed, but I wouldn't force it on him. 

Lovely2Mommy
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:07 PM
I wonder if females would feel weird being intimate with my name on him. I mean its like huge...
-SamSam-
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:17 PM

I have alot of tattoos and understand how he feels. I don't have any names but I would never cover any of my tattoos up. If he was to be with someone else and they don't understand why he has that name that's going to lead to some other problems too. I wouldn't fret if my man had someone else's name. Tattoos are to commemorate things in your life.

lizjones
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:31 PM
My fiancée was previously married. She had a kid with someone else shortly before they started dating. He raised her daughter and he was the only father she knew. He thought of her as his daughter even though her mother is a cheating whore piece of shit. He raised her until she was 17/18 and he and he mother finally split up. When him and I got together she told him that she didn't care as long as he was happy because she knew how much wrong her mother had done to him. After her mom started getting in her head she decided to disown john(my fiancée) and say a lot of fucked up things and she has proven to be just like her mother. She said he isnt her father and never was and that he never did anything for her even though he gave her everything and he only stayed with his crazy ex wife because he was looking out for his stepdaughter. She even went as far as threatening to slit our son's throat. Needless to say she means nothing to him now.
Well he has 'kaitlyn' (his ex stepdaughter) tattooed on his arm in two spots because he used to think of her as his daughter. I expect them covered up asap and he plans on it as soon as we have the money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zagomez
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:39 PM

my husband has mine and my daughters FACE on his back. And NO i was not okay with that, he took me by surprise when he showed me. I have asked him before "what if for some reason we separate and you marry somebody else, what are you going to do? cover it up?" and he replied "no i would just let them know that she is the mother of my child". Personally if a man had a name/face of another woman and we were getting serious, i would make him cover it up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)