Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

I need advice

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:35 AM
  • 6 Replies

No bashing... I'm really worried and confused!

So the other day I took two pregnancy tests at home first thing in the morning (digital and blue dye) and both came back positive..
Well that's great except I have the mirena so my boyfriend took me to the ER (doctors office and OB were closed due to it being veterans day)

we got there and  they took a urine sample from me and asked about my other symptoms and I explained I had been feeling very queezy and had been throwing up. urgh.

3 hours later they came back in and said my test was negative. So they said that they wouldn't take my mirena out and that I needed to go see my midwife or my regular doctor because "they aren't sure"

So I took another today and it was positive! 

I called my midwife and made an appointment but I'm so sick! oh my god..  
I can't stop throwing up and even getting up makes me sick. My work makes me sick even (I work with the elderly) 

Then yesterday I noticed I had some really light spotting so I figured oh shit either I'm losing a baby or i'm starting my period..

well.. it stopped less then two hours later didn't even fill up a panty liner (the really thin ones)

Any ideas on what's going on??

are there any tips on morning sickness?? do you think i'm actually pregnant? 

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
young-mommy10
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:41 AM
I would try to get an appointment right away. If you are pregnant, you need to get that mirena out. As for morning sickness, eat crackers before you get up, take an extra B6 vitamin it will help ease the queasy feeling (this helped me with my first son) drink ginger ale. When you see a dr you can tell them about the morning sickness, and if it is seriously affecting your day they can give you a prescription for Zofran (i had to get this for this pregnancy, as my days were aweful with the morning sickness and I could barely do anything without getting sick)

Have you been getting your periods while on the mirena? Is it late? I would think with that many positive tests that your are pregnant and that the ER just didn't want to take out your mirena, which I would also tell your dr about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raelynn0407
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:42 AM

It's very late.. and yes it's been very regular.. it was due the 4th

young-mommy10
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:44 AM
I would say your probably pregnant then, call and see how quickly you can get in, tell them you've gotten several positive tests, and you currently have the mirena in, and that you've had some bleeding, that should make them get you in quicker.

Quoting Raelynn0407:

It's very late.. and yes it's been very regular.. it was due the 4th

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raelynn0407
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Thanks so much! 

My next issue is my insurance isn't valid at the issue... The doctor has to see me anyway right?

I'm getting it back on here soon anyway.... 

young-mommy10
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:36 PM
Can you call your insurance company and see if they would back pay?

Also, if you work in a nursing home, you need to let them know if you are indeed pregnant because there are certain things/illnesses you should not be around. (I worked for 7 years in a nursing home and also while pregnant) feel free to message me with any more questions you have!

Quoting Raelynn0407:

Thanks so much! 

My next issue is my insurance isn't valid at the issue... The doctor has to see me anyway right?

I'm getting it back on here soon anyway.... 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raelynn0407
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:41 AM

I'm still late. I see a doctor finally tomorrow at 9:30am.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)