Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

How to announce my pregnancy????

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:08 PM
  • 16 Replies

Hey guys. So I am Samantha, 19, I will be 20 in December. I just found out that my boyfriend and I are expecting our first child in July 2013. I have to be honest, I am so afraid to tell my family. They are very traditional and I know this will not be a happy topic. It's sad, because we are over the moon. Since I was young, all I wanted was to be a mother.

We are both in a great place in life to welcome our little one. How do you tell people you love that you are 20 and pregnant?

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StrawberryCool
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:11 PM

you just tell them. 

try being best friends with your mom, and having to tell your mom you're 16 and pregnant!!!!!!!

mandy18192
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:14 PM
I'd just come out and say it. Get the family together and announce your exciting news. Tell them that you would like them to be happy for you. I not sure any other way to do it
Ollysmama08
So exhausted but my day cant end without a snuggle session on the couch with my Carlie girl!!
Yesterday at 7:34 PM
by Alexia on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this

just tell them! the earlier you tell them the better they will take it! i know you don't want to dissapoint your family, but they will love you no matter what, even if they don't always agree with your choices!! 

Also, your almost 20 years old!! i think they will be happy for you, just be open and honest!! :) Good luck!! 

AlexiaProud TEEN mom to Olivia~(12.O1.2OO8) COMING SOON Elliott~(April2O13)

Lilypie Maternity tickers

AubreeGrace17
by Aubree on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Did you plan it? If so, just announce it to them on Christmas or something like that. They can't see fault if you are in a good place to have a child.

smw503
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Yes, Baby was planned. We have been trying for a year, and nothing. Then, last week, my boyfriend got this Union Pile Driving Position which starts off at 100,000$/ year. That same week, we found out I was 6 weeks along. I can't help but think that it was fate!

rnchelle93
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:45 PM
You just tell them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Just tell them! It will be better after telling them. I had to tell my mom at 14. Scary but it will be ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdoptingMommy
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Do something cute:) Maybe a cute puc him holding a sign saying "WE ARE " and you hold a jar of "PREGO" (speg sauce) if you are financially & mentally prepared dont let anyone get you down!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lemastem14
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:21 PM
When we found out we were expecting we waited a few weeks before we told anyone. We found out mid January and told everyone in February. We had dinner at my parents and got them a gparents vday card which was funny bc it confused my dad lol and we sent my in-laws cards bc they live out of town. Everyone loved it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by Courtney on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:23 PM
You could do something fun like wrap up a "Favorite Grandma" onesie and give it to your mom!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)