Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am i being too clingy?..

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:02 PM
  • 7 Replies
So Friday is the only day that my fiance has off of work. Today while I was at work this morning a few of the girls I work with asked if I wanted to go see the new Twilight movie with them. I told them I couldn't because it is John's only night off of work and we would want to spend time together because I work day shift then he works night shift so we never see each other anymore. Well a little while after I was home he mentioned that he wanted some time to himself so he wanted to go to the bar for a couple hours. I understand him needing time for himself but all I want to do is try to spend time together and time as a family with our son because were never all together anymore. And I couldn't go out with him because we cannot afford a babysitter for tonight. I have to go pick him up in an hour and all I want to do is put our son to bed and go to bed but I have to wait until I pick him up. It's not a big deal I just wish that we had gotten to spend the night together because tomorrow on my day off he works open to close. I don't know I've just been in this huge on and off depression funk recently. I didn't tell him that I blew off the movies with my friends to spend time with him because I didn't want him to feel bad about having time to himself. Am I wrong for all of this bothering me? I have depression and anxiety and the stress that we have been under money wise and getting back on her feet because we been screwed over countless times( we let someone stay with us trying to help them out and they ran up our bills and never paid us a dime and now we are left paying all of the bills so we're trying to dig ourselves out of the hole that she put it in). I am just so physically exhausted from work and mentally exhausted from all the stress that I don't know where my mind is anymore. Not to mention my son is going into this terrible twos stage and that's not helping my sanity either lol. I don't know I guess I'm just looking for you ladies to let me know that I'm not wrong by being bothered about everything tonight with my fiancée. Thanks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lilonelove5-2
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:08 AM
2 moms liked this

Your not wrong at all,A relationship is based on intimacy,trust and love and if you guys dont get time togetehr that needs to be the number one thing.You should really talk to him and let him know whats goin on,I feel your stressed and thats not a good thing so just talk to him!

lizjones
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:06 AM
If I try to talk to him about it he gets all defensive and turns it around on me and acts like I'm saying he's doing something wrong.

Quoting lilonelove5-2:

Your not wrong at all,A relationship is based on intimacy,trust and love and if you guys dont get time togetehr that needs to be the number one thing.You should really talk to him and let him know whats goin on,I feel your stressed and thats not a good thing so just talk to him!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondie.mom
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:09 AM
It is understandable that you want to spend time together, but everyone needs alone time even in relationships. It is healthy for you to go out with your friends occasionally and him as well. I woul talk to him about the depression and anxiety though, you shouldn't have to deal with those issues alone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lizjones
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
childofgod04
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:56 PM

You are not wrong at all. It is perfectly normal to feel that way and I would be upset too if my husband wanted to go out and be alone on his only night off instead of spending time with me. Especially, if I blew off my friends.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I understand how you feel! Sometimes when my husband is off work and i want to spend time with him, he wants alone time (hunting, playing a game, ect). I dont work though and i get to see him whenn he gets off work everyday. Sorry that you are having such a hard time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmommy21812
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think you're in the wrong at all...I'm in the same exact situation except the part about you letting someone stay with you...I'm in the opposite situation where we stayed with someone and it's just a long story...but anyway....I work mornings, afternoons and nights so my schedule is never the same every day or week and my boyfriend always works nights so we never see each other...he never gets to spend time with my son (my son isn't his but he still wants to spend time with him and never gets to) and we're having money issues that we're working on digging ourselves out of...and whenever I want to spend time with him he either is visiting his son, sleeping or with his friends...there's times where we try to spend time together but it gets ruined...so no you're not in the wrong...just let your fiancee know that on his day off you want family time together....hopefully he'll understand

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)