Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

New to Cafe Mom: Teen Mom

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:21 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm Karlie! I'm 18 years old and I have an amazing, gorgeous 7 month old daughter names Islie. Her name is pronounced like EYE LEE. Or Riley without the R. The S is silent.. Teachers are going to hate me for that ;) 

When I was 17 I met Islie's dad, Dolan. We were madly in love (or we thought) and CRAZY about each other.  4 months into dating we found out I was almost 2 months pregnant. I was beyond terrified and he was so excited he wanted to tell everyone right away. We kept it from people until we told our families and then he went crazy telling people he was going to be a daddy. He'd go around singing "I'mma have a baby, I'mma have a baby HEY HEY HEY HEY." He made me feel so much better and less scared about the situation until he randomly stopped talking to me. Long story short.. I found out he was cheating on me with an ex girlfriend and he tried forcing me into adoption because he couldn't afford it (he was 19, no diploma and worked at arby's... so hey, maybe put some effort into getting your GED and getting a better job?) and I told him I was going to keep her.. well he freaked out and said I "F$@!ed up his life for keeping her and I was selfish and immature.

As of now, he is no longer in her life by his choice. He has seen her 5 times in the 7 months she's been here. And I haven't heard from him in 4 months. I think my daughter is better off without him, all he cares about is getting drunk, parties and getting girls.

I almost graduated but ended up dropping out because at the end of my pregnancy Islie sat on my ureter (the tube that connects the kidney and the bladder) and caused me a ton of medical problems and I had to get multiple procedures done.. I'm still dealing with kidney pain! I'm getting my GED here soon, within the next couple of weeks and starting school for cosmetolgoy.

I live with my dad in a 2 bedroom apartment and he is the reason I am even able to raise my daughter. I'm doing all I can to get on my own and provide for my daughter. She is my life, my world, my everything. She's all I have and I wouldn't give her up for the world. I can't picture my life without her and she's such an angel and behaves amazingly!

Well this is pretty freakin' long! So I'm going to stop now. I'm sorry if you read this and ended up thinking it was pointless! HAHA I tend to ramble. :) I'm hoping to make friends and get some great advice and share experiences as young mothers :) 

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
rnchelle93
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Welcome to the group. I'm Michelle, 19, single, and 15 weeks pregnant. I'm a full time nursing student, I graduate in May, and I work part time as a waitress.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:50 AM
Hello welcome to the group. You can always friend me. I am Erin I am 19 mom of a little girl. Well I guess she's not little since she's almost 5 years old. I am also a single mommy as of 4 months ago. You can always friend me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babid14
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:59 AM

that is the cutest picture :). sorry to hear about her dad. my kids dad doesnt seem them either and he lives down the road he would rather drink smoke weed or just stay home an do nothing then come see them. i dont see how a parent doesnt love a baby they made. i cant go a day without them. well im Delilah im 20 single mom of to babies Sophia 20months and Leland 2 months

janell55
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Hi welcome to the group :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KAP4198
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Adorable picture! And I love her name!! :) I have 2 girls with unique names : Kaydence is 3 and Mesada (mi-say-dah) is 2 1/2 months old! My name is Katie and I'm 20!! Welcome to the young mama group :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Karliexann
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Thanks everyone :) You all seem like sweet girls. I'm definitely looking forward to using this site a lot :) Single mommy life can get lonely, its nice to have people to talk to!

deviljrswifey
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:36 PM
Well contests on your baby! I'm 19 and have a 9 month old. And as for the complications during pregnancy I'm right there with you. At 20 weeks pregnant my girl kicked the crape out of my ovaries and caused one to twist and have to have emergancy suergery.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
luvmybug
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:41 PM

well. welcome to the group! i'm Amanda. :)

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Welcome! I am Nicki. I am 17 with a 7 and a half month old daughter named Debbie. I am married to my babys father. I got my GED. I plan on going to college (online) to be a secretary/administrative assistant. Im sorry that you went through such a hard time, and if you want or need someone to talk to, im here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)