Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Working moms

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:34 PM
  • 10 Replies

If you work, how long did you or will you take off when baby is born? Just the six weeks or more? Where does or will baby or your kids stay while you work? Are you full time or part time?

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maria1613
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:35 PM
I was given 2 months total. My boss does the schedule a month ahead and my due dat was the 3rd of the month. I had her on the 8th of the month and came back thhe Monday after thanksgiving which was.... I believe 7 weeks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
A.J.s_mommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:37 PM
I'm full time. My baby is 7 1/2 weeks. I will be going back on thanksgiving. BF is home Mon-Thursday, so he has them while I'm at work. If I work on the weekend his parents watch them.
rnchelle93
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:37 PM

I work part time right now and go to school full time, I'm 16 weeks pregnant. I'm due just before graduation, so I won't be taking any time off, before or after. I'll go right back to school and work, and I start working full time in the hospital just before I graduate, so around the same time I'm due. I have a day care that will take the baby when it's 6 weeks, before then, I'll have to find a sitter. 

feliciasmith
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:44 PM
I work part time, dh works full time.

we have opposite schedules so we don't use daycare.

p.s. I'm glad your posting these lol the lady is sleeping and the hubs cleaned the house today so I get a lazy day :D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heathermarie23
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:11 PM

I work full time.  With my first I took only 5 weeks, my 2nd I splurged (saved my income tax return) and stayed out the whole 12 weeks with my boys!  I was near broke, but I enjoyed spending time with my boys!  My first stayed with his dad for the first 6 months and after I returned to work after my 2nd they both went to daycare.

AubreeGrace17
by Aubree on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:37 PM

I didn't work when I was pregnant. My son goes to daycare when I am in college and stays with either my SO or his grandma when I work. I work part time.

cemcnair
by Courtney on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:31 PM
I will take off 10 weeks then do part time for two more. My kids go to daycare/preschool.
carinsmommy
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:17 PM

With my first I took one week before and five weeks after.
With my second I worked the day I went into labor, and took off five weeks. I have always worked full time and probably will.

lemastem14
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:15 PM
I work full-time and just had my first baby. My husband and I did everything we could for me to be able to take 12 weeks off. I go back to work in 3 weeks and I have to say that I am soooo glad we did
This is time that I never will be able to get back with my son and no amount of money could change me mind. Do what you can but my advice enjoy your baby as long as you can...you deserve it and so does your baby!!!
alexandra4
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:23 PM

I got a year leave, and then I couldnt afford to live where I was so moved closer to family..my job didnt work out there so ended up having 2 years off. Now though, he goes to daycare while I work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)