Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

need some advixe

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:01 PM
  • 8 Replies
I have a 3 year old and a 4 month bith girls.. and I feel horrible. All I do is work and when I'm home all I do is clean. B4 I had my second daughter I did stuff with my oldest girl all the time now I have no time to do anything its hard to get a shower in much less fun time. My oldest is always doing stuff for attention like acting like a baby anything to get some attention. And. I go with it and baby her I feel she needs that. I need some ideas from other moms with 3
Year olds wat do u do with a 3 year that they enjoy and they get attention. We do paintin nails and doing hair and coloring but need new ideas.. and I need a stree relieve3r I'm always stressed and busy. Its hard with just my income but I feel like I take it out on my babies I'm always so ill
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MiriRose923
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:42 AM

I totally understand where you are at right now!  Please don't beat yourself up about this... it sounds like you're a good mommy...the fact that you're even concered about this says a lot. :)

When my girls were those ages, I remember playing games like Candyland and My Little Pony with my oldest... we'd give a pony to the baby to chew on, lol!  Just find things your daughter likes and enjoys doing and go from there.  Reading stories and going to the park were some things I did a lot of... also going for walks with the baby in a carrier were fun times to just talk and enjoy being together.

When you said you feel like you take out your stress on your babies, do you just mean not spending quality time with them?  Is their dad in the picture?

ProudMommy51006
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this
I was going to say all of this lol! I agree, the fact that you are concerned and trying shows you are a good mommy.

I'm a cleaner too, my mom has told me that now that her kids are grown, looking back, a clean house doesn't matter... Your kids happiness is what matters. Time spent with them is what is important right now.

You can color, read, sing, dance (turn on the radio and just dance), do fashion shows (with her outfits and your heels- oh and I always buy a size bigger for Halloween costumes and save them and keep them out to play dress up with all year), ask her to help you bake, have her help you throw clothes in the washer, set the clothes on the dryer door and let her push them in, let her put stuff in the dishwasher (you can always fix where it goes), anything you are doing, try to find a little way to include her. Just remember that time flies and you can't get this time back. My kids are 6 and 2.

Quoting MiriRose923:

I totally understand where you are at right now!  Please don't beat yourself up about this... it sounds like you're a good mommy...the fact that you're even concered about this says a lot. :)

When my girls were those ages, I remember playing games like Candyland and My Little Pony with my oldest... we'd give a pony to the baby to chew on, lol!  Just find things your daughter likes and enjoys doing and go from there.  Reading stories and going to the park were some things I did a lot of... also going for walks with the baby in a carrier were fun times to just talk and enjoy being together.

When you said you feel like you take out your stress on your babies, do you just mean not spending quality time with them?  Is their dad in the picture?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bigmoma2012
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:48 PM
Thanks ;) and I will try these things she loves anything as long as she gets attention I just feel like I don't do things she likes enough. And my oldest sees her dad on vistiation. And my fiance is the babies dad and he is there he is just been recently laid off work so I'm makin up for it til he finds something
MiriRose923
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:04 PM

I understand where you are at... it's tough working and being a mom on top of that. I hope your fiance is able to find work soon!

For more suggestions, you might want to check out a Focus on the Family site called Thriving Family -- there is a section on "Learning and Play" that looks like it has some good ideas.  I work with Focus, and they also have a FB page called Make Every Day Count -- I've found a lot of of helpful tips there.

Treasure this time... it goes by too fast! ((Hugs))

JoaquinsMommie
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Well 1st you need a schedule that keeps your 3year old very busy get ideals off of what she likes/loves to do. This will make her tired and too busy to think about doing anything extra. example: her favorite cartoon and a bowl of popcorn with a juice box on the side....as for the 4month old its not too much you can come up with but you can cheeck a book out on her age that gives you all sorts of activites for a 4month old and you can get some for the 3year old as well. In THE MIX OF YOU TIRED THEM OUT THEY WILL SLEEP EARLY AND THAT GIVES YOU A BREAK.  Also so you dont have to clean so much whatever you use put it back after useage and you will find yourself with less mess and have the 3year old help you which will also keep her busy. When you find activities that keeps them quiet and busy you too can catch a break. Also make a set bed time so you can catch a break while the 3 year old sleeps. Keep the 4month old dry feed and comfortable and she should be fine to handle. On your off days make a busy day for them both even at home without spending money you can do it be creative. that way sleep for them and you time for you, Life is what you make just breath and make a schedule that suits your family and it will all work out. o and google activites too....hopes this helps

JoaquinsMommie
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:15 AM

O and have him help you with the children take turns you deserve a break .....and yes it is stressful I know....but with pray it will get better....I hope he finds work but in the nmean time if he is good at something that he can sell like tshirt making etc get involed it will bring home extra money. a family is we not I demand support so it wont be so stressful for you.

bigmoma2012
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:41 AM
Thanks all for the suggestions and I am going to try them all.. start new job this week ahhh
Mama_Gleich
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:34 AM

Home made scavenger hunts. Have them paint you, make a fort and do s'mores. :) make glitter cupcakes. :-) do a fashion show. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)