Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

LOL i can't believe this...

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:46 AM
  • 21 Replies

My 18month old was breastfeeding till yesterday, i put Alwyn on my tits so he would stop now he wants a bottle again.

He weened himself off it and now that I've stopped breastfeeding him he wants a bottle?Has your little one ever done the same thing,and what did you do?I really think his too old for a bottle

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babydsmommy18
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:48 AM
My son didn't wean til 25 months but when he did he went straight to a regular cup, but now he wants a binky which he has not used since 4 months old..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cillaluvsmali
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:55 AM
2 moms liked this
My kids never had bottles, if I pumped or gave juice or water it was in a sippy with a straw. It was just easier not to deal with them in the first place

Just find a sippy that he likes they have all kinds of different spouts
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by Courtney on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:05 AM
Btw- be careful with weaning that suddenly. You could get an infection.
He wants the bottle because its a similar comfort to nursing which you suddenly stopped.
cemcnair
by Courtney on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:06 AM
1 mom liked this
And, great job on 18 months!!! Woohoo!!
BevLuc
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:10 AM

Quoting cemcnair:

He wants the bottle because its a similar comfort to nursing which you suddenly stopped.

LOL i think 18months is enough, don't you think? I really have small boobs and boy can he suck until i feel like there's nothing left to suck.His a big man now and i only breastfed him in the evening since i work from 07:30-17:00 he doesnt want a bottle during the day.

BevLuc
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:12 AM

Quoting babydsmommy18:

My son didn't wean til 25 months but when he did he went straight to a regular cup, but now he wants a binky which he has not used since 4 months old..

how old is he now?

cemcnair
by Courtney on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:12 AM
I do think 18 months is great! What I was saying is that quitting cold turkey could hurt you. If your breasts are used to producing.
And, quitting cold turkey is why he's looking for other means of comfort. It wasn't gradual so he has no other coping methods ATM.

Quoting BevLuc:

Quoting cemcnair:

LOL i think 18months is enough, don't you think? I really have small boobs and boy can he suck until i feel like there's nothing left to suck.His a big man now and i only breastfed him in the evening since i work from 07:30-17:00 he doesnt want a bottle during the day.

ncohetero
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:12 AM
I gave my daughter a sippy cup after 12 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BevLuc
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Quoting ncohetero:

I gave my daughter a sippy cup after 12 months

Were you breastfeeding her before?How did she take it when you gave her the sippy cup?

BevLuc
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Quoting cemcnair:

I do think 18 months is great! What I was saying is that quitting cold turkey could hurt you. If your breasts are used to producing.
And, quitting cold turkey is why he's looking for other means of comfort. It wasn't gradual so he has no other coping methods ATM.

Quoting BevLuc:

Quoting cemcnair:

OH but now we back to square one now,two tins of 180g milk.Let's just hope he weans himself off it AGAIN!!!LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)