Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

pregnant with first baby

Posted by   + Show Post
My daughter is due in February I'm so nervous any advice on anything would be wonderful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Replies (11-20):
JoaquinsMommie
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:39 PM

I'm A Mom Of One So If Its Advice You Need Ask Away

Sammilynn18
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Congratulations! I'm due in march with my first as well! I've gotten a lot of advice from a lot of people in the 5 months and 3 weeks i've been pregnant. Listen to those that give you advice from experience, because, they've been through it. But you have the final say as to what goes on with your child. Don't let your pride prevent you from giving your child the best care you can.

cdunn1993
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:07 AM

I'm about to turn 20 and am due on the first. So if you have any questions, I would love to be able to help :D

LizaKate
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a one year old little boy and every day brings new challanges but also new joys. I know that it's easy to feel overwhelmed but just take a deep breath and be realistic. Newborns do take some getting used to but you can do it. Really all they need for the first few months is love, food (breastfeeding is better) and a sleep schedule. Start encouraging sleep independence as early as you can-it will pay off later. I had my son sleeping through the night by five months in his own crib-it just took some letting him cry himself to sleep. Surround yourself with positive people and make a birth plan if you don't have one already. Decide whether you want to use drugs, who you want in the room, ect. You can do it-the love you will feel for your child will make everything possible.

Is the daddy in the picture?

2-14-2013
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:42 AM
Thank you and yes he is

Quoting LizaKate:

I have a one year old little boy and every day brings new challanges but also new joys. I know that it's easy to feel overwhelmed but just take a deep breath and be realistic. Newborns do take some getting used to but you can do it. Really all they need for the first few months is love, food (breastfeeding is better) and a sleep schedule. Start encouraging sleep independence as early as you can-it will pay off later. I had my son sleeping through the night by five months in his own crib-it just took some letting him cry himself to sleep. Surround yourself with positive people and make a birth plan if you don't have one already. Decide whether you want to use drugs, who you want in the room, ect. You can do it-the love you will feel for your child will make everything possible.

Is the daddy in the picture?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bressmommy2012
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Congrats. I'm a mother of one with another one on the way, I'm due in May and my daughter was born in March of this year. I'm 18 years old, if you have any questions or anything I can try to help, I've been there, done that.

KAP4198
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:55 AM
I'm 20 and have 2 kids, so I can help with any questions!! Don't worry about her room! It doesn't need to be all dolled up! As long as she has a bed to sleep in and clothes/diapers her room is ready :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piwife
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:20 PM
breastfeed. I have 3 kids so feel free to ask more questions. Inform yourself on your birth rights, don't get bully by a doctor
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piwife
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:21 PM
Don't cio... please research about it if you choose to do it and if you do wait till baby is 6 mts to start
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1.hot.mama2005
by Esther on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Congratulations! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)