Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

needing help

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:01 PM
  • 6 Replies

am trying to pottie train my 20 mouth old daughter dos anyone have any tips

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommaGof3
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:32 PM
Find out what works for her. My kids liked stickers and m&m's. When they went potty I would give them a sticker on their potty chart and an m&m. It worked for my little guys but it's different for everyone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Welcome to the group!  I used the naked method with my daughter, but it took a while so my advice is to be very, very patient!

alexandra4
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:29 PM

patience... which can be impossible sometimes. My little guy is SUPER stubborn .. he'll be 4 in march and just within the last couple months has finally decided he'll potty train. I just had to let it be "when he's ready" at this point because i tried everyyyyything. and he got it, he just didnt want to. It was super frustrating..

But for beginning, i chart is a good idea.. I dont know if you want to start giving treats everytime, for me that turned into him only going to get one.. and if he felt he didnt need/want one then he just wouldnt go on the toilet. A chart though, you can do so many stickers and she gets something.. like some cool new undies or a book or even a treat.. but that way she has to get in the habbit of going everytime, not just once in awhile to get a treat at that certain time..

every kid really is different.. most of my friends had no problem at all really, where as we struggled big time. but its done now, and so so nice so good luck and hopefully she will catch on quick! also had a singing potty elmo book he liked to have while sitting on the potty.

AubreeGrace17
by Aubree on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Bump

bamababe1975
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Patience is key, as is keeping calm and not pressuring her. Instead, reward and encourage and make a huge deal out of anything she does that's leading in the right direction. One of my daughters responded well to the bribery of getting fancy panties with ruffles on them and the other responded well to the bribery of m&m's, lol. My niece, however, wasn't having any of that because my sister pushed her so much. I also let them go nakey while training and took them to the bathroom at regular intervals to try, as well as took them in with me every time I went.

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

luvmybug
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:54 PM

i just let my dd run around bottomless for a few days. she learned pretty quick where the waste went. lol. but snacks or stickers work. that's what i do with the little girl i babysit. seems to work for her. so, i guess it depends on the child what works best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN