Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Help getting a job?

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:53 AM
  • 9 Replies
I'm 17 with a 1 month old baby, my parents don't help me out at all I'm extremely poor I've been applying everywhere talking to managers everything trying to get a job but nobody is hiring me. I don't know what to do I can't even afford for me to eat. I sell stuff to afford things for my son and any amount of money I get goes towards him. What do I do are there any organizations that can help me get a job?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
AubreeGrace17
by Aubree on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Do you have a temp agency in your area?

Chillisarah
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

Do you have a temp agency in your area?

This is a good suggestion.

AubreeGrace17
by Aubree on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Also have you tried websites like indeed.com to search for jobs in your area? I would try fast food. The pay isn't much and you won't get a ton of hours to start, but it could provide you with some money. Ask your friends too. Chances are they know of a place that is hiring.

MamaBear1021
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:21 PM
I have my GED and I'm about to start beauty school
LilAsMom526
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:31 AM
Bob Evans! Seriously they hire and fire people all the time.
heather4511
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Haave you tried retail stores? Alot of them are hiring at least seasonal help. It isnt alot of money, but it is something. Have you applied for assistance as well?

carr676
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 5:50 PM

There's a place I know, it's called Community Action, but im in PA. I'm sure if you google something will come up. i was 17 whn i had my daughter & started working at a McDonald's...which I'm still at almost 3 yrs later. As long as you put the hours in you'll be good. But maybe try nursing homes like as a nursing assistant, something you wouldnt need experience for...or hotels.

HerWife0421
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 5:56 PM

You can try child care centers. Most of them dont ask for experience and they pay for you to get classes and stuff like that for the childcare feild and you will also be able to have your son with you all day everyday and discounted basically to nothing for childcare for him

TeenMommyToBe7
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:05 PM
Seasonal retail jobs pay more anyways.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN