Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Possibly getting induced..

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:03 AM
  • 23 Replies

I'm not really sure how I feel about I would love to know more about it from moms out there who have been induced.

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cemcnair
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry, I've never been induced, so I'm no help. I hope what ever happens though, you have a safe delivery!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
athiareece
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
i was induced. i was in labor for 3days. no baby no dialtaion after trying differnet things. ended in a c section. if you do get induced do NOT let them give you cytotec to dialte you. do NOt! ask for cervidil. it izs very dangerous for mom and baby and clearly states not to use on prenant woman.
ProudMommy51006
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:15 AM
Why are you going to be induced?
Lilrmama92
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Thank you for that inforrmation!

Lilrmama92
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:22 AM

The baby is really big and I'm in a lot of pain. I'll fiind out more today at my dr app if my dr thinks its a good idea or not. Iwas trying to see what other moms thought of it to see if its somethig I actually want to do or not.

cemcnair
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
If you and the baby are not in danger medically, I would decline. (I did, that's why I've never been induced. Ds was 8 days "late")
I just know, from research, that inductions lead to c sections a lot of the time.
Plus, they really don't know how big your baby is. They told me ds would be 11 lbs, he was 9 lbs.

Quoting Lilrmama92:

The baby is really big and I'm in a lot of pain. I'll fiind out more today at my dr app if my dr thinks its a good idea or not. Iwas trying to see what other moms thought of it to see if its somethig I actually want to do or not.

cemcnair
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:28 AM
But either way you choose, I hope all goes well and you have your baby soon!
KaroGreenly
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:25 AM

I was given pitocen with both pregnancies. DD2 was a scheduled induction. 

Do you have any specific questions?

AubreeGrace17
by Aubree on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:50 PM

I had my water broken when I was already in labor at 37w6d. It didn't feel weird at all...kinda like I wet my pants. As long as your baby is full term there really is nothing wrong with it. Sometimes the benefits of being born outweigh the risks of staying in the womb.

SamiiSecurity
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:36 PM
I was given pitocin with my DS, I was in labor total 14.5 hours, pushed for two and a half hours and they had to use forceps /: I'm convinced that he wasn't ready to come out and I wish I would've waited for him to come on his own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN