Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Possibly getting induced..

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm not really sure how I feel about I would love to know more about it from moms out there who have been induced.

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:03 AM
Replies (11-20):
mama2my2boys
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:48 PM
your baby isnt going to come out big normal weight is 8-9 lbs but with all these inductions baby weigh 5,6,7 pounds and being pregnant towrds the end is very painfull and uncomfortable (not a reason to be induced) I have 3 kids yes i was induced with one and it was awful longest labor and worst pain then my other two.....i would not get a induction just for dr saying baby is big and your in pain...btw how many weeks are you? your babys lungs might not even be mature enough

Quoting Lilrmama92:

The baby is really big and I'm in a lot of pain. I'll fiind out more today at my dr app if my dr thinks its a good idea or not. Iwas trying to see what other moms thought of it to see if its somethig I actually want to do or not.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littleinsect
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:21 PM
I was induced and it took 5 days and a combo of pitocin and citotec. It was long but totally worth it for my son!

Oh but I was induced because I had really high blood pressure. He ended up waitin to his due date and was 9lbs 4oz.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrownEyedGirl86
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:46 PM
I was induced w my second.
I was 9 days late when I was induced.
I got the cervical at 8:30pm taken out at 10pm labor started at 2:15am. She was born at 9:31am 10mins pushing -slept through the whole labor and my water breaking
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
astrong5
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:59 PM

I was induced and it was horrible... I did not like the pitocin and all the other stuff to make me have  harder and faster contractions it was awful.. I had to be induced due to low fluid.. You should really only be induced if there is something seriously wrong or if you are way passed you due date but thats just my opinion..

momof3jam
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I was induced once out of my 3 pregnancies. I don't really recommend it for "convenience" purposes though.

Chillisarah
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Research inductions and if you don't want one you always have to right to decline.  From experience, pitocin contractions hurts way worse than natural contractions.

Lilrmama92
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:03 PM

This is my seconed baby and I'm 36 weeks today., and just saw my doctor today and she said that we can schedual for it but I have to be 39 weeks to get induced. And I just want to know if it is really more painful then normal and what not to do. I'm hping she will come on her own before then. I was not in pain with my first pregnancy at all like I am now.

jaemismommy
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:40 PM
I got induced because.my baby was 9 pounds and I was In labor fOr two days but got the epidural and as soon as things started processing I got her out in 46 minutes but I wish I would have waited for natural labor :(
Samantha32212
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Every story is different. But I was induced. They gve you the IV's and the Pitocin which brings on contractions,if you get an epidural,you wont feel them. Some say the Pitocin made their babies sleepy and stuff,but my son was perfect. It isnt as big of a deal as you think. It's definitly nice to have an epidural though!

heather4511
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:23 AM

I was induced this past May. I was 41 weeks along and my little man just didnt want to come out lol I went to the doctor and they gave me Cytotek and in four hours my little man was here..with no problems. But it is better for you and baby if you go as long as possible before inducing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN