Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Possibly getting induced..

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm not really sure how I feel about I would love to know more about it from moms out there who have been induced.

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:03 AM
Replies (21-23):
heather4511
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Unless medically necessary, I would suggest not going for an induction. Especially if it is just because you are uncomfortable...that is just part of pregnancy. Plus, your due date is just an estimate, your baby may not be as far along as you think. Just let nature take its course!

ProudMommy51006
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:41 AM
They don't know how big your baby really is....
and being in pain is not a valid reason.

I was medically induced with my son because my uterus stopped growing at 32 weeks, my fluid was dropping rapidly and my son was showing signs of IUGR (interuterine growth restriction). I had to have an amnio at 37 weeks to check his lung development and his lungs were NOT developed at 37 weeks.

Being in pain a few more weeks is worth it to not risk your baby's health. And have you ever had surgery? Imagine how much pain you will be in if the induction ends up in a csection (because a lot of them do). Then you will be in pain with a newborn and little one. Do the research and weigh the pro's and con's. Unless it is medically necessary, the cons always outweigh the pros when it comes to inductions.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hej818
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:45 AM
i was induced for high blood.pressure had to the magnesium. they used cirvidel and i was in labor for 24 hours but had a vaginal birth. the love is.more painful being induced. went into labor on my own with my second it felt like breeze compred to being induced good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)