Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Help?

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:26 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hello all. I am 18, going on 19 and my son is about to be two months old. The father isn't meeting all of the requirements I would want but he is a wonderful boyfriend all at the same time. I am just unsure of what to do. Does anyone else have this same problem, and is there anyone out there I could talk to privately? I am just worried that I am not doing the right thing as a new mother...

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:28 PM
I dont have the same problem, i am A single mommy but You can always message me! I M sure your doing great as a money. I am 19 but I had a child at 14.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaGof3
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:08 PM
I have been through something kinda similar but yet different.

Welcome to the group, btw :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
katiehopson
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Maybe he doesn't realize he isn't contributing as much as you like. Have you talked to him about it? 

luvmybug
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:50 AM

hi, i had those same questions when i was your age. i was 17 with a dd, and my boyfriend wasn't up to par, either. if you want you can pm me anytime. 

littleinsect
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:55 AM
That's how DF was up until recently but as our son gets bigger he gets more comfortable taking care of him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicki1995
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:11 PM
I am 17 with an almost 8 month old. My name is Nicki and i am married. You could talk to me if you would like
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by Courtney on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome and congrats on the new baby! I think sometimes it takes Dads a bit longer to "get" being a parent. My advice is to be honest with him. Maybe you are expecting too much, maybe he has no idea what you expect.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)