Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think i'm pregnant... I dont know what to do... Please help...

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:17 PM
  • 14 Replies

Awhile back i had a scare and bought a pregnancy test... I just found the box and realized i had another (the one i took last month was negative and I had my period) The only day this month i've had sex was the 10th and we used a condom and nothing went wrong... I thought oh what the heck i'll take it just for fun... and i noticed after a fwe minutes that there was REALLY REALLY FAINT pink in the spot the second line would be... I just went to my period tracker I keep so i will know when i'm due and it says i was ovulating the 13-17 of this month... which doesnt fit the timeframe of when i had sex... my next period is due on the 2nd of december i think... I think my cycle is 31 days... it may be less... i'm still getting regulated... I know they say a line is a line... but i dont know, its so faint i mean theres color but its so so faint i could be wrong... its just a shadow of pink not a distinct thin line like the control line... but its not evap its colored and showed up after a few minutes... I've done a ton of research now and i'm really worried... 

My boyfriend and I arent ready to have children. Its still early in the relationship... I dont believe in abortion I could never do adoption so if i'm pregnant I will be keeping the baby... I'm really scared... I dont know what I should do... I have insurance but I can't tell anyone... I know that sounds silly... I am 20 years old but I'm not ready to be a mother... I have always wanted to be a mother but i would rather wait til i'm older...

Any advice??? And please no talks on abstincence and stuff, i know i was stupid...

Important Dates:

My last Periods (after I came off the pill):

Nov. 2 / Oct 4 / Sept 1

The day I was with my boyfriend:

Nov 10

The length of my period (I think):

31 days

Please help me...

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lexismom90
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Well from experience a line is a line, period. The last pregnency test I took there was a very very faint line there as well I retested a week later and the line was darker and I definately was pregnant (ultrasound to conferm). So if the line is there, regardless of how faint you could be pregnant. Best options, retest in about a week, go to a pregnency clinic and retest, or go see a doctor and get tested both blood and urin to have a definate answer.

kimmaylove013
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Take another test, and for the record you can have sex on the 10th and not conceive until 3-5 days later, sperm can live 3-5 days.

Seriously tho get a digital test, don't mess around with is or isn't it at line.

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Sperm lives for 3 days in your vagina. You say you used a condom, but it could have had a hole. Retest as soon as you wake up one morning. 1st morning urine doesnt lie =) Update the post when you retest! Lol There is no need to be scared. You will be fine =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Samantha32212
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:28 PM

You weren't stupid,its life. Things don't always go as planned. I had my son at 16. He is now 8.5 months and I'm 17. Yeah,some people may say i'm stupid,but he's my world and i care for him like no other. I know its hard not to worry but if it was that faint...How about you buy a digital one? They say in words,thats what i did. No mistakes there! :)

twogirl91
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:32 PM

I got pregnant when I was 18, a month after I got married, I didn't think I was ready and was really scared through the whole thing, but once I had him I loved being a mom so much and my husband loved being a dad so much a month before I turned 20 we decided to have another baby. We have two healthy boys who are 17 months apart and I love love love it! <3 I would retest in a week and if there is still another line then call the doctor and set up an appointment. 

babylove041810
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Do you still have the test? Take a pic and put it in here. And yes usually a line is a line. These ladies are right sperm does live for days. Wait about a week. Retest. Use your first pee of the morning.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
babylove041810
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:37 PM
I had mine at 17 stuff happens. I didn't think I was ready ready either. She is 3 1/2 now and is going to have a baby brother in march lol. I don't think I'm ready for this one yet either.

Quoting Samantha32212:

You weren't stupid,its life. Things don't always go as planned. I had my son at 16. He is now 8.5 months and I'm 17. Yeah,some people may say i'm stupid,but he's my world and i care for him like no other. I know its hard not to worry but if it was that faint...How about you buy a digital one? They say in words,thats what i did. No mistakes there! :)

Bumblebee4Me
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:11 AM

i'm getting up early in the morning to go buy another test... and thank yall for your support on this... I feel kinda better hearing that some of ya'll have been where i may be.... i'm so nervous... I'm not due to start my period until december 2nd i think so i'm going to wait on the digital cuz those are expensive but i'll try the dollar store... I'll post when i test in the morning...

Quoting babylove041810:

I had mine at 17 stuff happens. I didn't think I was ready ready either. She is 3 1/2 now and is going to have a baby brother in march lol. I don't think I'm ready for this one yet either.

Quoting Samantha32212:

babylove041810
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:25 AM
Good luck!! And be careful tomorrow!! It's crazy tonight so I can only imagine how tomorrow will be.

Quoting Bumblebee4Me:

i'm getting up early in the morning to go buy another test... and thank yall for your support on this... I feel kinda better hearing that some of ya'll have been where i may be.... i'm so nervous... I'm not due to start my period until december 2nd i think so i'm going to wait on the digital cuz those are expensive but i'll try the dollar store... I'll post when i test in the morning...

Quoting babylove041810:

Quoting Samantha32212:

Bumblebee4Me
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:28 AM

thanks... i plan on waking up in about 4 1/2 hours from now on the pretense of black friday shopping lol... but at least that way my roomate doesnt get suspicious... i dont want anyone knowing anything yet...

Quoting babylove041810:

Good luck!! And be careful tomorrow!! It's crazy tonight so I can only imagine how tomorrow will be.

Quoting Bumblebee4Me:

Quoting babylove041810:

Quoting Samantha32212:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)