Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

A little vent need to get it off my chest.

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:29 AM
  • 18 Replies
Tonight I am thinking, I wish I could give dd a family I never had. I grow up with my dad in and out of my life, I was really hoping to give my daugher a dad that was in her life. I know it's not going to happen her dad has left and most likely won't be back. Just can't get it out of my head. All I think about is my relationship with my family and how much I don't want my daughter to have that relationship. I never thought ky would have to go through the same thing I did. I tried so hard to not have it happen, however it did. I know i can't change any of it but i needed to talk it out tonight.Kwim? Ok vent over thanks for listeningĀ 
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cemcnair
by Courtney on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:50 AM
:( you can't change his actions or be responsible for them. You can only move forward. Hugs!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:52 AM
I know, I am trying to move foward and I am making improvements, just sometimes like tonight I think hard about it.

Quoting cemcnair:

:( you can't change his actions or be responsible for them. You can only move forward. Hugs!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:37 AM
I thought I would feel better this morning but not really.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jacylove
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Aww am sorry, I know what u mean, I have trouble with mine, and I'm trying to keep it working even tho I'm the only one making effort to work it out, I deeply feel we aren't going to be together forever I feel very bad that my lil girl might have to go thr what I did, :( as much as I don't want her to, I'll just hbe to be sad & unhappy with him, for her to have her dad
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:44 AM
Yeah I know that it is best for my daughter and I that my ex doesn't live with us but I wanted him to have a relationship with our daughter.

Quoting Jacylove:

Aww am sorry, I know what u mean, I have trouble with mine, and I'm trying to keep it working even tho I'm the only one making effort to work it out, I deeply feel we aren't going to be together forever I feel very bad that my lil girl might have to go thr what I did, :( as much as I don't want her to, I'll just hbe to be sad & unhappy with him, for her to have her dad

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaGof3
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:45 AM
I know exactly how you feel! My ex was a class A dbag. In and out of my daughters life for a while. Never wanted to step up and be a man and father. I wanted better than that for my daughter (and my son that was also my ex's... different long story). My father was a jerk and still is but I wanted my children to have better than that. Anyway, left my ex after he almost killed me, tried some visitation stuff for my daughter which he flaked on. So finally I just stopped trying to get them to have a relationship. So did he. However I am now married and have been for almost 6 years and my husband is a better daddy to my daughter than her "father" ever was. My ex hasn't attempted anything in 6 years to get a hold of my daughter and she could care less and same with me cause we have someone who is worth it.

Anyway the point to all my rambling is that it does get better.You will give her the best life that you can. It may be rough right now but you can still give her a better life than you had by not allowing someone who isn't worth her or you in your life.
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:58 AM
I know I did what was best, sometimes I just wish I could give her something more. I know we will be ok. I will just keep trying for ky.

Quoting mommaGof3:

I know exactly how you feel! My ex was a class A dbag. In and out of my daughters life for a while. Never wanted to step up and be a man and father. I wanted better than that for my daughter (and my son that was also my ex's... different long story). My father was a jerk and still is but I wanted my children to have better than that. Anyway, left my ex after he almost killed me, tried some visitation stuff for my daughter which he flaked on. So finally I just stopped trying to get them to have a relationship. So did he. However I am now married and have been for almost 6 years and my husband is a better daddy to my daughter than her "father" ever was. My ex hasn't attempted anything in 6 years to get a hold of my daughter and she could care less and same with me cause we have someone who is worth it.

Anyway the point to all my rambling is that it does get better.You will give her the best life that you can. It may be rough right now but you can still give her a better life than you had by not allowing someone who isn't worth her or you in your life.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaGof3
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:14 AM
I know its frustrating at times. It's not easy. You seem like a very strong woman so you'll make it through :-)

Quoting erinmomofone:

I know I did what was best, sometimes I just wish I could give her something more. I know we will be ok. I will just keep trying for ky.

Quoting mommaGof3:

erinmomofone
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:17 AM
I am trying my best to be strong for ky, sometimes that's a different story.

Quoting mommaGof3:

I know its frustrating at times. It's not easy. You seem like a very strong woman so you'll make it through :-)

Quoting erinmomofone:

Quoting mommaGof3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaGof3
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:21 AM
We all have our moments. No body can be strong all the time, not even the strongest of people.

Quoting erinmomofone:

I am trying my best to be strong for ky, sometimes that's a different story.

Quoting mommaGof3:

Quoting erinmomofone:

Quoting mommaGof3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)