Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

A little vent need to get it off my chest.

Posted by   + Show Post
Tonight I am thinking, I wish I could give dd a family I never had. I grow up with my dad in and out of my life, I was really hoping to give my daugher a dad that was in her life. I know it's not going to happen her dad has left and most likely won't be back. Just can't get it out of my head. All I think about is my relationship with my family and how much I don't want my daughter to have that relationship. I never thought ky would have to go through the same thing I did. I tried so hard to not have it happen, however it did. I know i can't change any of it but i needed to talk it out tonight.Kwim? Ok vent over thanks for listening 
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Replies (11-18):
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Yeah, I know we will be ok!

Quoting mommaGof3:

We all have our moments. No body can be strong all the time, not even the strongest of people.

Quoting erinmomofone:

I am trying my best to be strong for ky, sometimes that's a different story.

Quoting mommaGof3:

I know its frustrating at times. It's not easy. You seem like a very strong woman so you'll make it through :-)

Quoting erinmomofone:

I know I did what was best, sometimes I just wish I could give her something more. I know we will be ok. I will just keep trying for ky.

Quoting mommaGof3:

I know exactly how you feel! My ex was a class A dbag. In and out of my daughters life for a while. Never wanted to step up and be a man and father. I wanted better than that for my daughter (and my son that was also my ex's... different long story). My father was a jerk and still is but I wanted my children to have better than that. Anyway, left my ex after he almost killed me, tried some visitation stuff for my daughter which he flaked on. So finally I just stopped trying to get them to have a relationship. So did he. However I am now married and have been for almost 6 years and my husband is a better daddy to my daughter than her "father" ever was. My ex hasn't attempted anything in 6 years to get a hold of my daughter and she could care less and same with me cause we have someone who is worth it.

Anyway the point to all my rambling is that it does get better.You will give her the best life that you can. It may be rough right now but you can still give her a better life than you had by not allowing someone who isn't worth her or you in your life.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmybug
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:08 AM

it is what you make of it. i promised my dd she would have a father in her life, she does, only half the time. but she DOES have a great father figure in SO and a great mother figure ( ex's GF is actually a decent person ). so i tell her every day how lucky she is to have so many people that love her. *HUGS* i'm sorry you're feeling down. but it'll get better. i promise. 

erinmomofone
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:14 AM
I know it will be ok soon.

Quoting luvmybug:

it is what you make of it. i promised my dd she would have a father in her life, she does, only half the time. but she DOES have a great father figure in SO and a great mother figure ( ex's GF is actually a decent person ). so i tell her every day how lucky she is to have so many people that love her. *HUGS* i'm sorry you're feeling down. but it'll get better. i promise. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmybug
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:16 AM

yes, it will be. just keep your head up and do what's best for you and your dd. :)

Quoting erinmomofone:

Quoting luvmybug:

SamanthaSage
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:18 AM

The only thing you can do is give her lots of love. I grew up without a father too, and frankly I don't care because my mom was the best.

erinmomofone
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:18 AM
I will for sure, it's going to be ok if it's just ky and I for a while. We are family.

Quoting luvmybug:

yes, it will be. just keep your head up and do what's best for you and your dd. :)

Quoting erinmomofone:

Quoting luvmybug:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:19 AM
Yeah I am going to be a better mom then I had.

Quoting SamanthaSage:

The only thing you can do is give her lots of love. I grew up without a father too, and frankly I don't care because my mom was the best.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmybug
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:21 AM

that's right. :)

Quoting erinmomofone:

I will for sure, it's going to be ok if it's just ky and I for a while. We are family.

Quoting luvmybug:

Quoting erinmomofone:

Quoting luvmybug:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN