Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Desperate for YOUR opinion!!! Please add input!

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:58 PM
  • 14 Replies

Ok here I am 22 years old and I have a 2 year old son and im married. Well finially things are looking up for my family and I and I feel like 2013 is going to be our year. Well anyways, I want another child and its up to me if I want to try to concieve again. But I asked my husband what he thought. And his responce was that he does want another child but he thinks that were not really ready at this point. But I think to myself, "who is really ready when it comes to having childeren." The only way your probably ready finicially is if your rich and im by far in any form NOT rich! But I can tell you what I am, Im a damn good mom! I make sure my son doesnt go with out and if you ask me he is VERY spoiled! He gets anything he wants and more. I am a really good person inside and out and I know that I can do it! Im very strong been through so much in life and I can do this! Having 2 kids has always been a dream of mine and thats what I've been doing these days is trying to accomplish my dreams one dream at a time and so far I have. The only thing I have left is to finish college and get my own house that I OWN!!!:-) and of course to have another baby. I would love to see what yall think or if you can give me any advise about this situation. Should I wait or just go with my gut feeling and heart? Cause this is a big thing and i know that. Im wanting to bring another human being into this world. And I realize that! If you need any more information to try to give me excellent advise I will be more then willing to tell you the TRUTH and NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH!!! :-) 

Mommy 2 a awesome 2yr. old toddler boy

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Keeely07
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:05 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm 23 and have two kids. My dd is 4 and my ds just turned 1. I felt that strong urge as well right before I got pregnant the second time. I wouldn't trade him for the world.

But! If you still have college to finish my biggest advice ever is...to finish! If you have a chance now do it. It'll only make it harder to finish.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrzPalmer
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you so much for your input! :-) Something inside me tells me that I can do it, go to school part time ( two days out of the week for only 3 hours a day) I dont know... Thats why im confused and asking for opinions. In my opinion i feel like im super women and can do anything. lol when i know im not.... But when i get that thought in my head i feel like its hard to stop me if that makes any sence. 

Quoting Keeely07:

I'm 23 and have two kids. My dd is 4 and my ds just turned 1. I felt that strong urge as well right before I got pregnant the second time. I wouldn't trade him for the world.

But! If you still have college to finish my biggest advice ever is...to finish! If you have a chance now do it. It'll only make it harder to finish.

Keeely07
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:19 PM
2 moms liked this
I'll tell you this...I said the EXACT same thing. I was going to school while pregnant had him in November and then tried to continue in the spring. I ended up withdrawing from all my classes bc I was failing. Having TWO kids one of which is a newborn isn't a good idea. You won't be the best mom you could be if you did everything. It'll take time away from your kids and they need you. Having two kids is a lot different than having one! It's tough. It's an adjustment. And adding school to the mixture will be hard.

Right now adding a baby to the mixture wouldn't be a good idea. Finish school first. Then you can stay home or do whatever. And then later go work. I wish I had the chance to finish.

Quoting MrzPalmer:

Thank you so much for your input! :-) Something inside me tells me that I can do it, go to school part time ( two days out of the week for only 3 hours a day) I dont know... Thats why im confused and asking for opinions. In my opinion i feel like im super women and can do anything. lol when i know im not.... But when i get that thought in my head i feel like its hard to stop me if that makes any sence. 

Quoting Keeely07:

MrzPalmer
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

You know what I think im going to take your advise :-) Just because i know what its like to be a parent to one child and that does come with some struggles so i can imagine it with two. I completely see what your saying. Thank you for being honest and not holding back! :-) Really im greatful for that! I seen that you said your son was born in november... What day if you dont mind me asking cause mine and my sons bday is in November lol mines on the 30th and my sons is on the 18th so :-) 

Quoting Keeely07:

I'll tell you this...I said the EXACT same thing. I was going to school while pregnant had him in November and then tried to continue in the spring. I ended up withdrawing from all my classes bc I was failing. Having TWO kids one of which is a newborn isn't a good idea. You won't be the best mom you could be if you did everything. It'll take time away from your kids and they need you. Having two kids is a lot different than having one! It's tough. It's an adjustment. And adding school to the mixture will be hard.

Right now adding a baby to the mixture wouldn't be a good idea. Finish school first. Then you can stay home or do whatever. And then later go work. I wish I had the chance to finish.

Quoting MrzPalmer:

Quoting Keeely07:

Keeely07
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:32 PM
No problem :) I just know bc I thought I could do it all too lol. Def not! Anyway, he was born November 8th! Happy early birthday :)

Quoting MrzPalmer:

You know what I think im going to take your advise :-) Just because i know what its like to be a parent to one child and that does come with some struggles so i can imagine it with two. I completely see what your saying. Thank you for being honest and not holding back! :-) Really im greatful for that! I seen that you said your son was born in november... What day if you dont mind me asking cause mine and my sons bday is in November lol mines on the 30th and my sons is on the 18th so :-) 

Quoting Keeely07:

Quoting MrzPalmer:

Quoting Keeely07:

greenhazel96
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I think you should finish collage first and then have another baby. Your studies are imortant
aimhawk
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:29 AM

I say finish college and get the house first. Everything is a bit harder to achieve when there is another child, because the money that was extra before now has a firm purpose.

ProudMommy51006
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:08 AM
I agree 100% with all of this! I'm a mommy of 2 also. It is a BIG adjustment going from 1 to 2 kids.

Quoting Keeely07:

Quoting MrzPalmer:

Quoting Keeely07:

MrzPalmer
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Thank yall ladies so much for being honest :-)  

Kadensmommy1112
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I am 23 and I have a 2 year old as well if ur in school I think u should finish ur schooling b4 having another kid that's what me and my husband are doin because we thinks its hard enough for me to b working and goin to school with one kid it would b much easier if u finish school first at least that's what I think I hope this helps
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)