Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

well i guess we're bad parents

me and df that is, i just posted thanksgiving pictures on mine and df's facebook and his friend started commenting telling us we should cut our ds's hair, df says "since Liz is the one going to be cutting and trimming vincents hair its up to her, and she wants to let him decide when to cut his hair all off" his friend then says this (im ad libbing because this dude did not know how to type a proper sentence but df told me this is what he was saying) "what? right now is when you are supposed to be influencing him,he's supposed to learn from you guys,he's not going to know your his father if you dont do this, yeah its a small thing but still" i didnt know what to say back to him so i just left it alone but seriously? me and df are bad parents because we dont cut the back of his hair? i trim his bangs out of his eyes but i dont want to cut the back of his hair yet

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers

by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 1:05 AM
Replies (21-28):
megandcailey08
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:51 AM
I hate when parent of boys do not cut their kids hair. Looks trashy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redbutterfly666
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Quoting megandcailey08:

I hate when parent of boys do not cut their kids hair. Looks trashy

if the kids being taken care of and the hair isnt matted why does it matter?

heathermarie23
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:27 PM

I cut my kid's hair, until they are old enough to say how they want it.  My 4 year old goes back and forth between having it grow out and shaving it off... But, my 1 year old... I get his hair cut short for spring/summer and let it grow out some for fall/winter. 

HerWife0421
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:35 PM
no offense but he looks like a little girl with bangs. thats how i wear my hair. but he is a cutie pie and if you don't wanna cut his hair then you shouldn't have to just because some people don't agree with it. you're his mom so you get to choose what you want to do with his hair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixieMommy1987
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:11 AM

I understand letting him decide but what it you kept it cut and let him decide if he wants to grow it back out...you have the pictures now you could always show him later what his hair looked like longer...

Quoting redbutterfly666:

Quoting whitneymf:

I think he has very nice beautiful color hair. Maybe when it gets a tiny bit longer lol knowing me I would cry the whole time I cut his hair!!! I'm going to hate my sons first hair cut!

i just want him to decide for himself if he wants his hair cut or not, i mean like i said i trim up his bangs when they get long but i dont wanna cut the back yet >.<

Firenygirl180
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:01 PM

DS has some amazing curls right now.  He was born with a full head of hair and he is 17 months old yesterday.  He has such cute curls and I'm afraid if we cut them off they won't come back.  His hair is wavy so even though when it's wet and combed it touches his lips, it isn't in his way at all when dry.  Df thinks we need to get it cut soon, but I'm thinking we will wait until April when the weather warms up a bit to cut it.  He will wear a warm hat all winter but I still don't want to cut his hair.  I will be so sad when his curls are gone.

Wet curls 

Dry curls

People on Halloween kept calling him a girl, but you couldn't see his hair because of his costume.  occasionally when we go out people think he is a girl even though he is always wearing "boy" clothes.

ATG499
by Wendy on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:57 PM
I wouldn't call you bad parents for it, but your child seriously looks like a little girl. If I saw him in person and didn't know he was a boy, I would refer to him as a cute little girl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicki1995
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:06 PM
I think he is cute! And it is good that you are letting him make some of his own decisions!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)