Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 month old baby !!!

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:37 PM
  • 15 Replies
I need help. My friend has a month old baby. & he is not able to poop. Is it safe to give him prune juice???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whitneymf
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this

i dont think that is safe for such a young baby. he needs to go see his dr! they may be able to help and also if she is switching formula if she is formula feeding thats probably why he is having a hard time.

Maks1mommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:41 PM
This.

Quoting whitneymf:

i dont think that is safe for such a young baby. he needs to go see his dr! they may be able to help and also if she is switching formula if she is formula feeding thats probably why he is having a hard time.

erinmomofone
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:42 PM
This!!

Quoting whitneymf:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firespurity
by Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Is the baby on formula? sometimes breastfed babies don't poop for a few days at a time without being constipated..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firespurity
by Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:45 PM
Is the baby on formula? sometimes breastfed babies don't poop for a few days at a time without being constipated..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marieangel0710
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:45 PM
Well she only breastfeeds
notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:45 PM
Have her bicycle his legs into his belly and while he lays on his back pull gently down from his lower back to his bum. Both will stimulate his bowels.

Nothing but breastmilk or formula should be given at that age.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this
It's normal for a breastfed baby to go up to two WEEKS without pooping. If her baby isn't in pain, doesn't have a hard belly, and is passing gas then it's nothing to worry about!

She should expect a blow out soon:-)

Quoting marieangel0710:

Well she only breastfeeds

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piwife
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Unless the baby has a hard tummy and is uncomfortable then worry. But since baby is breastfeed then is normal. Breastfeed babies don't poop as often. If baby is happy, passing gas and soft belly everything is good :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babid14
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:01 AM
Yes she can giving him a little apple prune juice they are in the baby isle. Thats what my kids drz says if they cant poop but just a little
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)