Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Married at 17 is HARD!

Posted by   + Show Post

ITS HARD! I love my husband to death but sometimes i want to rip my hair out! Anyone else feel like that sometimes? I don't know why he just lags EVERYTHING! The sink has been broken for about 2 weeks and everytime i ask him to fix it he says he's busy. He's not lying he is busy with work and he says thats important but this is important too. I have my mom and mother in law constantly bugging me to tell him to fix it and i just feel so frustrated! I don't know how to handle this situation. He works on iphones sells and buys them and all his iphone parts are all over the house the plates are pilled up in the kitchen i'm just fed up. He doesn't want me to ask anyone else to fix our sink but he won't do it himself. I heard that if our sink stays like this it will rott and we'll get all kinds of insects. It already STINKS! I'm so disgusted i feel like i can't take it anymore! Please give me some advice idk what to do how to talk to him. It's not like i yell i ask him nicely and he's the one to start yelling at me he's just become so mean lately. I feel like i can't talk to him without him yelling and getting irritated. 

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Replies (21-30):
Mommie_to_Bee
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I got married at 16 and we spilt up when I was18 and was in a three year relationship with another guy and I got pregnant. Now my dd is almost 6 months old and me and my husband just got back together. We never got a divorce. And my baby's dad wants nothing do with us. But my hubby is open arms for me and my daughter. He loves her too..
Do try to work it out. It took my husband and I going into different relationships to realize that we just wanted each other. That we are perfect got each other. Young marriage is a job but it's worth it to just stick together. We wish we would have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diamond8
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

married at any age is hard...its alot of work and compromise. good luck.

rylansmommy19
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Rylan's daddy was like that to. I just told him it's something that has to be done. Have him do it on the weekend?

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:44 AM
I'd hire someone to do it:-) That way it gets done and he won't have to do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eds6619
by Emily on Nov. 28, 2012 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I think its like that no matter what age you are married.  Its part of learning to compromise. 

proudwife12
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 3:10 PM
If it were me i would call someone to fix it even though he says not too. It is unsanitary to keep it that way and you guys can sick. It basically comes down to one of three things: 1: you wait till he fixes it and you get sick while you wait and that isnt good with tou being pregnant or 2: call and have sowneone fix it, deal with him yelling at you but at least you can stay healthy for the baby or 3: go stay with someone else till he fixes it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
proudwife12
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 3:10 PM
If it were me i would call someone to fix it even though he says not too. It is unsanitary to keep it that way and you guys can sick. It basically comes down to one of three things: 1: you wait till he fixes it and you get sick while you wait and that isnt good with tou being pregnant or 2: call and have sowneone fix it, deal with him yelling at you but at least you can stay healthy for the baby or 3: go stay with someone else till he fixes it.
SweetMama823
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 3:12 PM
It took a few years honestly and I ended up leaving for a week he came looking for me. Every time I'd bring some issue up he'd shut me out it sucked, everything i did or said was stupid to him. Til finally i just had enough! I stood up to him, told him how he makes me feel and what i needed ftom him. It finally sunk in him. It even came to a point where i hated him. 4Yrs ago after the birth of our fourth and last child he did a whole change. He told me he would make me fall back in love with him. He realized what's important and that i need his help more now. I told him i can't do all this on my own and I don't ask for much but just do this or help with that. Take a few minutes to make it right. Or else it will eventually become a bigger problem. Its just part of being responsible and help eachother out. Not everything has to turn in a fight especially when he knows it needs to get fixed. Its gonba get worse with sinking and cost more money. Likr just get on it lol
We're now 30, him 31, we just celebrated 14yrs! So many doubted us but we i never gave up on him. He's a grear guy! When i need his help or need sonething i just let him know. Like hey babe can you give our son a bath while i make dinner...that way things get done quicker and yall can spend more time together or do things that need to get done. I know I've exceeded my time in this group but I'm here to help. Plus i still feel young at heart! Good luck, hope you get your sink fixed very soon!

Quoting teenmom379:

Quoting SweetMama823:

I got married at 16, it was extremely hard with a newborn and a husband. My hubby had a lot of growing up to do and accept all

responsibility that came with being married. If your hubby doesn't take fixing a sink what makes you think he's gonna put in 100% in your marriage and take it serious. Talk with him and let him know what you need. Good luck!

Did he eventually grow up and start acting the way he should be? How long did it take and how did you talk to him about things so he wouldn't get defensive and start a fight? When i tell him what i need he says i'm busy with work i have a lot to do. and i don't really ask for much. thinking about it i try to not ask anything from him unless i REALLY need it and even then its still a problem.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudwife12
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 3:15 PM
If you dont get it fixed it could cause health problems with it starting to stink and with you being pregnant that would be good. It is also unsanitary. It basically comes down ti doing ine of three things. 1: you wait till he fixes it and you get sick while you wait and that isnt good with you being pregnant or 2: call and have sowneone fix it even though he says not too and deal with him being mad but at least its fixed or 3: go stay with someone else till he fixes it.

I am 32 and married but i learned a long time ago sometimes you have to take things into tour own hands to get things done.
Vipergirl22
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 6:08 PM

I have been with my husband for 6 years. Living together for 5. Married for 2. I am about to be 24 and he is 26. It is hard at any age. We were the best communicaters ever but somewhere along the road we lost it. We are trying to get it back. You just have to work at it. I say give him a choice. Tell him he can do it or you will call someone to do it but it will be done one way or another. Don't need to pay anymore because he is gonna let it get worse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)