Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Having kids while still in High School...

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:20 PM
  • 21 Replies
2 moms liked this

was pretty rough for me but i managed.

I got pregnant with my first baby at 17 and i was a Junior in HS. I was not the only girl pregnant, In my HS there were so many pregnant girls that we formed a Teen Mom group and held sessions twice a week. Anyway i had to be put on a leave from school and i was home schooled for about 3 months. Going back to school and leaving my son home was the hardest thing ever to me! I finished off that school year and when i returned for my senior year of HS..yup i was pregnant..AGAIN!! So here i am 18yrs old w/2 kids and still in HS. No matter how much sh*t people had to say i ignored them and went on to finish with a 4.0! A few months after HS graduation i was already back in school. I went to a Medical Assisting course and in less than a yr i had a Medical Assistant Diploma!

Now here i am 22yrs old with my beautiful children who mean the world to me. If i didnt have them in High School sure my life would be different, i would have the opportunity to do sooo much more but i dont regret any part of it!

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmybug
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

good job momma! :) you sound very happy.

Groove
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:34 PM
i got pregnant my senior yr and had my oldest sept 2007. But i was put on bc IMMEDIATELY at 6weeks pp. Why weren't you on birth control?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:37 PM
Awww awesome great job!! I was a freshman in high school when I had my daugher. I was homeschooled well a teacher came to my house 2 times a week because my daughter had health issues so I stayed home for 6 months before finishing that year and then 2 months later I started my sophomore year. I look back on it now and glad I had my daughter. I finished school because of her, or at least that's what I think. I do wish I could go to college away but it's ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ollysmama08
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Good job, momma!! I was a freshman in highschool when i gave birth to my daughter! I am now a senior and pregnant with a baby boy. It is so had but i find a way to make it all work!! 

AlexiaProud TEEN mom to Olivia~(12.O1.2OO8) COMING SOON Elliott~(April2O13)

Lilypie Maternity tickers

cemcnair
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:24 PM
Awesome!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:14 PM
Woohoo!
SweetMama823
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Goos for you for continuing your schooling and getting a career for you and your kids futures.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katiehopson
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 4:23 PM

This...

Quoting Groove:

i got pregnant my senior yr and had my oldest sept 2007. But i was put on bc IMMEDIATELY at 6weeks pp. Why weren't you on birth control?

AmyG1976
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 4:28 PM

good for you BUUUTTTT this is not how it works out for most so dont go around telling highschoolers how okay it is or how you were okay your are the exception not the rule. My mother also had a baby in highschool she had to leave school and finish at home then married my dad when I was 9months old then worked out and all in the end turned out okay. My grandparents medical ins took care of my moms pregnancy and me as a baby and they never had to use welfare something that most KIDS in highschool dont realize (babies are not free) I was cloth diapered and breastfed so my mom could manage to take care of me without welfare or working and my dad sent money (he was a yr older and joined the miltary)

baby.
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 4:33 PM
hello, im 16 years ,a junior in hs and i just found out i was preganant like 2 weeks ago , me and the babysdad are still together , and i still havent told my mom i was pregnant beacuse im kinda scared
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN