Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Changed Due date

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:58 PM
  • 12 Replies
My doctor moved my Due Date to February 9th instead of February 23rd. He said its common for them to calculate wrong. This worries me. He also said if I am so uncomfortable at 38 weeks. He will induce me. Is any of this normal?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Well --induction is common.   (not normal)
  But it's for convenience, not health & safety.    It's actually pretty risky.

If health & safety are your priorities then you'd want to avoid unnecessary risks ( = unnecessary interventions).
Intervening in a normal, healthy
pregnancy is risky, optional, and you may avoid this if you like.    You get to choose!
:-)

It's important to consider what a "due date" really means--
  It's the mid-point within the average (estimated) month-long due period.
 *Unless you are a first-time mom; the average is at 41 weeks, 1 day.

Of course many of us will deliver a couple of weeks before or after that average period, too, just because we gestate our babies more quickly or slowly.    All is well, just on own own clock, own pace.
Like fruit ripening on the vine, babies are Ready at different times.    (they aren't all Ready on Day #280 exactly, that is just the mid-point average)

Did you have any ultrasounds?   If so, at what gestation?

NatashaOlivia
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:26 AM
I had y due date moved with DS THREE TIMES!!! As for the induction - what pp said
pinkiebabii
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:33 AM
That would worry me. He moved your due date up two weeks when the earky us are most reliable and is offering to induce you 2 weeks early which means baby could end up being born 4-6 weeks early!!
That could lead to a baby with under developed lungs that needs to spend weeks in the Nicu!!
It is "normal" and why more induction awareness how been advertised on TV and radio shows through March of dimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:39 AM
Quoting NatashaOlivia:

I had y due date moved with DS THREE TIMES!!! As for the induction - what pp said

With my last, I was given a 3-week estimate to pick from.    I picked a day near the end and still went well past that...   lol!
;-P

Just as a woman’s heart knows,

How and when to pump,

Her lungs to inhale,

And her hand to pull back from fire,

So she knows when and how to give birth.

- Virginia Di

ICAN

NatashaOlivia
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:43 AM
I had mine moved from the 29th September to the 15th October and then to the 6th October. He was born 11th September.

Quoting doulala:

Quoting NatashaOlivia:

With my last, I was given a 3-week estimate to pick from.    I picked a day near the end and still went well past that...   lol!
;-P

AubreeGrace17
by Aubree on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Well, I used to keep track of my periods so they were able to give me a pretty accurate due date. I went into labor naturally at 38 weeks and one day pregnant. They broke my water when I had been in labor for 13 hours. It was just fine. My son is a totally healthy and normal 9 month old. Don't let these women scare you into thinking induction is something awful and that you are going to kill your baby or something. I don't think that early induction is always necessary. It just depends on the circumstances. Try to let labor happen naturally. As long as you are full term, I wouldn't worry. 

Hanab818
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:31 PM
My due date changed with my 1st 4 times. As far as the induction I would do it. babies Will come when they want to come. But if you go into your 41st to 42nd week then you don't have a choice with induction. Induction has it's risk. I wouldnt take them if I didn't have to.
Mama_Gleich
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Yup! More normal than you know. :-) 

Vipergirl22
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 5:45 AM

Yea my due date changed. It was due to me guessing when my last period was, I was 3 weeks or so behind what they told me. And I scheduled my induction for the end of my 40th week but I had to be induced a day after my due date. I was really nervous and had issues going on, they chalked it up to hypertention.

vanillag394
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 5:49 AM
Yea, my due date was originally Nov 24. Then they changed it to Dec 8. I'm now being induced Dec 5 bc my baby is at the 86percentile (too big)...so confusing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)