Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Young moms, single moms & low income moms

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:23 AM
  • 23 Replies

What are your plans for christmas..? are you buying anything for your kids... if so whats your budget & what are you getting your child(ren)

Thankfully my bf has an amazing job so its christmas all year long lol but it wasnt always like that.. i dont even remember how we did it ... well he did it its more of a dont ask dont tell kind of thing lol anywho

my kids are only getting a few things i dont want to spoil them because they werent the greatest angels this year & cuz i know their gmas are going crazy buying them things

Anya (3 ) furby , puzzle, little princess castle, dolly clothes & a play cash register ( odd right? lol)

Leo (19mnth) tiger bounce thing tool work shop mickey m3 speed n steam thomas  & probably clothes for both thier buildabears

no matter how much or how little you give; we make up in love & thats all that really matters . Merry Christmas Ladies * .

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deviljrswifey
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Why are you just singling out young moms, single moms, and low income moms?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Meloney413
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this

because single moms younger moms and low income moms are probably going to have a harder time than Mercedes mom. Celebrity mom & house on the lake mom ..... its my question & if your not answering the question. Bounce * .

unspecified42
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:38 AM
I'm a single mom. So far I've gotten my son an Xbox with kinect and a few games, a laser tag set, a Minecraft hoodie, and a chocolate making kit. I'm not quite done yet, though. I'm thinking of getting him a nerf gun and there's some spy gear stuff and a crayola thing he wants. And I think I'll make him a blanket. We'll see, there's still time:) I am planning to spoil him because he has been great and flexible and understanding with some craziness in life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:41 AM
I am all of the above, I don't have a job. I living on saving basically, well sorta of till I find another job.

My daughter is got/getting little things like coloring books, handwriting books, a doll, hopefully a doll stroller, some clothing. That's it really. I don't have the money to go all out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deviljrswifey
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:12 AM
wow. Young mom and i have plenty for xmas for my step son and daughter.

Quoting Meloney413:

because single moms younger moms and low income moms are probably going to have a harder time than Mercedes mom. Celebrity mom & house on the lake mom ..... its my question & if your not answering the question. Bounce * .

lizjones
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:16 AM
I'm 19 and I have a 17 month old son and my fiance and I have gotten him over $200 worth of stuff. I don't know why people are taking offense to this question though.. young moms and single moms and lower income families do generally have a harder time with being able to spend a lot of money rather than wealthier people..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:20 AM
I agree, I mean its not everyone but some people who are single, and young cant afford it.

Me for example, I hsve to do smaller things and get her more of it. So she can have those special presents.

Quoting lizjones:

I'm 19 and I have a 17 month old son and my fiance and I have gotten him over $200 worth of stuff. I don't know why people are taking offense to this question though.. young moms and single moms and lower income families do generally have a harder time with being able to spend a lot of money rather than wealthier people..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jacylove
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Sadly I have no money at all to get my newborn anything for Xmas, We have already spent 3,000 on everything she needs. Now we are just waiting for her arrival... I'm sure our family members are going to spoil her with gifts
eliismyworld
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:17 AM

I had to do that last year with my son...I felt crappy but he did get plenty of stuff from the family and he wont mind/remember when he's that little. we're going to try to make up for it this christmas but im not sure that'll happen either

littleinsect
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:22 AM
I'm young and DF doesn't make a ton of money but since DS is only gonna be 5 months he doesn't need many more toys anyway. I got him clothes and were getting a high chair and foam mat, an I'm making him a couple blankets and paying a friend of mine to make a reindeer hat! He won't even really know what's going on so most of the stuff is practical, like bigger clothes he'll grow into.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN