Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

I know about my surprise baby shower :/

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:49 PM
  • 17 Replies

I was sitting inbetween my mom and a friend at church and they were texting each other before service started and i saw on my friends phone something about getting together on Dec 9th and moms phone said she will walk in and SURPRISE!! I am really upset they were texting while i was right there knowing i could see what they were talking about and now i dont know if i should say i know or go with the flow.. my mom asked me earlier if i wanted to meet with our bible study this weekend and i know its my surprise baby shower.. i dont know what to do and im really frustrated because i would have liked to have actually been surprised!!

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aniters
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:51 PM
2 moms liked this
youre sounding very immature... be grateful they're even throwing you a baby shower.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AdoptingMommy
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:53 PM
Keep it to yourself. Phones are private, maybe they didnt expect you to look at there private convo on the phone. They are doing something nice for you enjoy it & let them feel excited and like they accomplished what they have worked harc to do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alyssa1992
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:56 PM

@aniters.. it's not immature to be frustrated.. just stating how I feel and the fact that it wasnt smart of them to text while im sitting right in between them and niether are talking to me... and they look at my phone when I text too.. its not private if you arent trying to hide it.

mrs.miller89
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Maybe they did it on purpose and are trying to trick you...

erinmomofone
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:05 AM
I don't know I am a big flow with the kinda person. Just enjoy it, its not a huge deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaGof3
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:09 AM
They probably didn't think you could see it sweetie. I wouldn't make a big deal out of it. I am sure the hormones aren't helping this situation at all but try not to let it get to you.
deviljrswifey
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:15 AM
How is she being immature for wanting to be suprised?
My MIL wouldnt shut up about my baby shower and i was fustrated and wanted to be suprised too. That doesnt make me or anyone else immature.

Quoting aniters:

youre sounding very immature... be grateful they're even throwing you a baby shower.

aniters
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:17 AM
it is immature. some girls don't even get baby showers and you're mad because you know when your baby shower is? just tell them you read their texts and you know when the shower is but you want to be surprised so if they cab change the date. lol jk. just be happy and act surprised. I accidently found out when my baby shower was I just acted surprised when I got there. no big deal.

Quoting Alyssa1992:

@aniters.. it's not immature to be frustrated.. just stating how I feel and the fact that it wasnt smart of them to text while im sitting right in between them and niether are talking to me... and they look at my phone when I text too.. its not private if you arent trying to hide it.

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:20 AM
I ended up figuring out my surprise baby shower because my husband would text someone and hide his phone....I got curious and kindda found out i was having a baby shower lol I just acted surprised so that i wouldnt hurt anyones feelings. I loved my babyshower. They got a cookie cake made special for me having a babygirl too =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aniters
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:22 AM
that's completely different. they weren't talking out loud about it. they were texting. texting is private.

Quoting deviljrswifey:

How is she being immature for wanting to be suprised?

My MIL wouldnt shut up about my baby shower and i was fustrated and wanted to be suprised too. That doesnt make me or anyone else immature.

Quoting aniters:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)