Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

How To Tell My Mom

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:16 AM
  • 6 Replies
Hi, Im Brianna. Im Only 17 Years Old & I Have No Idea On How I Should Tell My Mom Or If I Should Tell Her At All. I Took A Pregnancy Test When I Was 4 Days Late & It Was Positive, I Am Now 6 Days Late. Could The Test Be Right? & Is There A Way I Can Make An Appt To The Doctor Without My Mom Knowing? PLEASE HELP ME !
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this
A positive is a positive. I suggest just telling your mom. You made the decision to have sex knowing pregnancy was a possible outcome. Decide what you're going to do (abortion, adoption, keeping the baby) and go from there.

I had my first at 17 so I know it's scary. If you need to talk I'm here:-)

Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this
You are pregnant. You need to tell your Mom. You need support right now. Hugs!
Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this
If it is positive, you are pregnant. I found out i was pregnant right after i got married at 16. As soon as i took the test, i ran and told my husband then ran to my mom and was like "Momma! Im pregnant!" I had already miscarried twins at 15 though. Everyone was happy both times i was pregnant (except the in laws), but my daughter will have nothing to do with my husband's family anyway. Just tell her. I am 17 now, been married for a year and 4 months (been together for 3 years), and we have an 8 month old daughter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaGof3
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this
You're pregnant sweetie. Honestly I would just get it over with and tell your mom because whatever your choice may be in regards to the baby, you are going to need support.
maria1613
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Just tell her. Yeah, she may be upset but the sooner you tell her the better. I was 22 when I told my parents and that sucked. But it's something you can't hide forever. Best of luck to you
Nat_Th3_Cat
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

My mom was actually not that upset when she found out (I'm seventeen and pregnant as well), but my dad was probably the MOST furious out of all my family members, I mean daddy doesn't want his little girl having babies so young but what can you do? Honestly, I would just come out and tell them, sit them down and try to talk it out and tell them all your plans. I'm seven months pregnant now and it was around the second-third month that they just sort of got used to the fact that I am having a baby and there's nothing they can do but be supportive. 
good luck 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN