Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

My dad can kiss my butt

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:48 AM
  • 9 Replies

He just called me out of the clear blue, I haven't talked to my dad in over a year now and he just calls me up and tells me that he heard I'm pregnant again and that he disapproves of me having sex. I told him that it's none of his business, I'm 18, leave me the f*** alone. Then he goes that's no way to talk to your father, I was like you are no father to me so shut the f*** up and get the f*** off my phone and I hung up on him. Then he calls me back and I didn't answer it, he then sends me a text that said: I forbid you to go out with your boyfriend and furthermore you have a lot of growing up to do young lady you are very disrespectful and that isn't tollerated.

Here's the thing. I have never seen eye to eye with my dad, my parents divorced when I was 5 years old and I lived with my mom, he rarely came around when I was growing up after they divorced. I saw him once a year at Christmas and that was it. So why in the hell does he think that he's going to all of the sudden call me up and tell me this? He has my phone number and never calls me except for today. I don't even care that he knows that I'm pregnant, I'm 18, I live on my own with my boyfriend and don't have to answer to anyone. My mom knew when I was pregnant I told her right away this time and she didn't throw a big ol fit about it, she said congrats to me. And this is from the person that raised me.

As far as having any growing up to do and acting disrespectful though I think he's the one that needs to grow up and acts disrespectful. I am his daughter and he neglected me and my sister and three brother's.

So yeah for real, KISS MY ASS DAD.

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
erinmomofone
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Haha just ignore him!! Don't answer! My dad is same way. I haven't talked time in years. He left when I was 4.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nat_Th3_Cat
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:55 PM

My dad likes to do the same stuff to me except I have to live with it. My mom is so supportive and never says anything rude to me or makes me feel like shit, but when it comes to my dad he ALWAYS has to put his two cents in. Sometimes dad's definitely need to grow up and they have to learn to respect before they earn it. 

Rain2Rinse
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I definitely think that you were disrespectful. *shrug

I would NEVER speak to my parents or any elder that way. Admittedly, you are 18. You live on your own, your an adult. You do what you want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree. You were very disrespectful and people should not talk to their elders or parents like that regardless of what they did in the past. Whatever though. Not my life, not my problem. ;)

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

I would NEVER speak to my parents or any elder that way. Admittedly, you are 18. You live on your own, your an adult. You do what you want.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kagegirl
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I am sorry, but respect is something to be earned. Not just handed to you because you happen to be older than someone. I am 30 years old and I can count on one hand how many people I actually respect. If they are disrespectful in the first place, they deserve what they get. You young'uns will learn this in time.

OP, I think your dad is a complete moron, and you did the right thing. If he is not paying your rent or assisting you in any way, and merely passing judgement on you, he doesn't need to be in your life.

Quoting Nicki1995:

I agree. You were very disrespectful and people should not talk to their elders or parents like that regardless of what they did in the past. Whatever though. Not my life, not my problem. ;)

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

bressmommy2012
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Thank you. I agree, plus he isn't doing any of that so he has no business telling me what I can and can't do. I haven't lived with him since I was 5 years old and only have seen him maybe once a year and that's it, he isn't a part of my life and never will be, I simply don't care.

Quoting kagegirl:

I am sorry, but respect is something to be earned. Not just handed to you because you happen to be older than someone. I am 30 years old and I can count on one hand how many people I actually respect. If they are disrespectful in the first place, they deserve what they get. You young'uns will learn this in time.

OP, I think your dad is a complete moron, and you did the right thing. If he is not paying your rent or assisting you in any way, and merely passing judgement on you, he doesn't need to be in your life.

Quoting Nicki1995:

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

bressmommy2012
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Say what you want to say it doesn't even bother me that he isn't in my life. He's a complete jerk and I don't have to answer to him so he don't have no business talking to me like that. He hasn't even seen his granddaughter who is 8 months old and then thinks he has any business telling me what to do? I don't think so and I'll tell him that to his face.

deviljrswifey
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:49 PM
My dad stopped talking to me for 3 years (during high school). Then when I ended up pregnant by my fiance at 18 he then started talking to me again becaude he felt he had some sort of say in the matter.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
deviljrswifey
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:50 PM
I told him to go to hell.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)