Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Newly Single mother who has lost her way

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:08 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hi, My name is Karen. I am 26 years old. Just ended my two year relationship. We were fighting a lot. I mean it was a daily basis that we were at each other's throat. Financial problems were the fire starter. We lived in the home he co-owned with his mother which means his 4 other siblings were there too. I pretty much lived in a room. They were such slobs leaving food and clothes all over their house waiting for their mom to come home and clean up. I was not happy living their. When I left I realized I was completely dependent on him. Being a stay at home mom was great but not financially. I had no money to my name. Going back to my parents was the last thing I wanted but I had no other choice. I have not finished school. I have no career to go to. No money  and to make things better I got into a car accident. I don't know yet if thecar is a total loss but if it is my ex will probably have to finish making payments on a car that we cant drive. I feel awful because I still love him and Dont want him to pay. I was planning to go back to school and get my paralegal degree but I just feel like giving up. Everything in my life is going bad. My only happiness is my son. Im just scared I will fail in school as well.

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
GracelynJoysMom
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:20 PM
You can do it momma! I'm 20, I'm a single mom of a 16 month old baby girl, I'm in school full time for medical Billing and coding, I work part time at radioshack, and I have my own place. It is possible. thankfully I do receive some state assistance due to only making minimum wage. But, as soon as I graduate and start my career I won't need any help from the state. Ok

I would have never thought that this would be how my life is but my daughter has been my motivation. I hate it because I don't have as much time with my daughter but I know it will be all worth it in the future. Good luck!

Anything is possible and it will get better.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Welcome Karen!

You're right, financially, being a stay at home parent really can suck when things happen and the relationship doesn't work out.  You'll make it work though, just have faith that you CAN do it!

Quoting kbear314:

Hi, My name is Karen. I am 26 years old. Just ended my two year relationship. We were fighting a lot. I mean it was a daily basis that we were at each other's throat. Financial problems were the fire starter. We lived in the home he co-owned with his mother which means his 4 other siblings were there too. I pretty much lived in a room. They were such slobs leaving food and clothes all over their house waiting for their mom to come home and clean up. I was not happy living their. When I left I realized I was completely dependent on him. Being a stay at home mom was great but not financially. I had no money to my name. Going back to my parents was the last thing I wanted but I had no other choice. I have not finished school. I have no career to go to. No money  and to make things better I got into a car accident. I don't know yet if thecar is a total loss but if it is my ex will probably have to finish making payments on a car that we cant drive. I feel awful because I still love him and Dont want him to pay. I was planning to go back to school and get my paralegal degree but I just feel like giving up. Everything in my life is going bad. My only happiness is my son. Im just scared I will fail in school as well.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Welcome to the group Karen!  It sounds like ending your relationship was a good thing, tough as it is to do.

Glad you're here.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:39 PM

welcome  Welcome to the group!

kbear314
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Thank you for the warm reception. I am going to do my best to suceed

Hanab818
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Welcome. And take it one day at a time. I'm Hana I'm 26 as well and a sahm to 2 boys. Pm if you ever wanna talk.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
noahmommie2012
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:55 PM

if u need somone to talk one on one im here and help u go through whatever you need help with

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)