Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Moving in?

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:04 PM
  • 12 Replies

Need some advice!! Im currently 9 weeks pregnant the father of my child wants us to get a appartment together, We qualify for "housing" & can move in once i'm 18 which is 3 weeks after im due, Is it a good idea? he works 5 out of 7 days a week during the night.. Im scared we will fight a lot&That he wont be there at night in case something happends, Or should I just stay with my mom&siblings in a small room? Its barley big enough to fit a queen bed.. Please any advice is helpful. Thank You in advance!!!

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AubreeGrace17
by Aubree on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:13 PM
I would wait until after you have your baby and then decide.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
remaining_me
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:50 PM

I think you can apply for housing, but you dont have to take it if you dont want. I would at least apply and if you want to when the time comes, take it. But if you have any hesitation about it, I wouldn't do it.

Nat_Th3_Cat
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Me and my boyfriend are moving in together after baby is here. Me and him do have our fights but if your boyfriend cares a lot about you and baby he will always be there when you need him. I can't promise you two won't have at least one little fight or disagreement but you can get through it together :-)
miss.wilfred
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:29 PM
Go ahead an apply for housing now. Then once the baby gets here see how you and the father are doing then decide. And just a word to the wise, when your on housing your not supposed to have anyone there but whose on the lease and that's typically mom and baby. My sis did that and her baby daddy was just using her for a free ride and she got kicked out because they found out he was living there.
jdfmommy
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:25 PM

I would do it but everyones different.. I also wouldnt be mad because he works at nights because babies are very expensive and you'll deffiantly need the money!! Goodluck either way :)

deviljrswifey
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:54 PM
I moved in with my hubby at 18 and he was 20 and i was about 10 weeks.
TLQSlovesME
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:58 PM

I mean, are you guys in a good place in your relationship as of right now? If so, go for it. If he's working, at least you know he'll be able to support you guys and the baby. I wouldn't worry too much about fighting because the more you worry about it, the more likely it's gonna happen. I think your decision will hit you after the baby is born and here.

noahmommie2012
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:59 PM

It is different when the baby is in the world. wait and see then if you feel right and so does he then get a place together. Stay with family is there to help out when u need it. It dont matter how big the room is bc i have a queen bed and dressers and my son who 10 months sleeps in his crib and we put his clothes in the laundry room in a dresser.

1.hot.mama2005
by Esther on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:38 PM

This.

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

I would wait until after you have your baby and then decide.

GeorgiaLove21
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:02 PM

It seem like you have already mad your mind up based off of your negative description of the where you are living now lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)