Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

careing for a 2 month old with a dislocated shoulder.

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:12 AM
  • 5 Replies

I gave birth to my awesome baby girl on Oct 2, 2012. well when she was 3 weeks old we were on our way home for the doc and a drunk driver hit my truck. we was not hurt well she wasn't. we went to the hospital to get look at anyways because i would rather be safe then sorry. they said we was fine. well two days later i went to pick my daughter up and felt a pop in my shoulder and my whole left side went totally numb i couldn't feel it at all. i went to the er and they said it was a pinched nerve. gave me some meds and sent me home. 2 weeks later it was still hurting me so i went to see me doc and she did x-rays and said it was dislocated and NOT TO LIFT ANYTHING even my daughter (she not but maybe 10 lbs now) and so here it is almost 2 months sense the wreck and its still dislocated and i cant hold my little girl unless I'm sitting and my in-law are taking care of her and i feel so bad like I'm letting her down BC cant play with her or hold her like i want to.

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
cueballsmom
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:14 AM
why the heck are they leaving it out of socket?!?! my sister has dislocated her shoulder many times, get a doc who will pop it back in! now!
jeorgiamommie
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:18 AM

they tryed it wont pop back in bc it riped a nerve when it poped out so they said its got to pop back in on its own or they will have to be surgery

mommaGof3
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:18 AM
Oh my! Do you have a sling or something for your arm? I would keep my arm in that and just be very careful using one arm to pick her up and stuff.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jeorgiamommie
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:33 PM

nope they didn't give me anything and i cant pick her up at all. if I'm sitting my husband will hand her to me but that's it. i don't pick her up at all

Quoting mommaGof3:

Oh my! Do you have a sling or something for your arm? I would keep my arm in that and just be very careful using one arm to pick her up and stuff.

remaining_me
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Aww that sounds awful. But the sooner you get better the sooner you can get back to caring for your babygirl so I would just take their advice and hope for a fast recovery. Feel better soon Hun.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)