Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Is it bad to be pregnant 6 months after having my 1st child?

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:54 PM
  • 32 Replies

I took a home prgnancy test yesterday and it came back and said I was pregnant. I just had my daughter 6 months ago so I need  to know is it bad that i am pregnant with a second child? I had my daughter by Emergency C-Section

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twogirl91
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:57 PM

You're supposed to give your body 18 months to 2 years to heal after a c-section, but you should be find. I got pregnant with my second child when my first was 8 months old. 

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:07 PM
You're supposed to wait but things happen:-) I got pregnant 8 months after my first (I also had a emergency c-section.) My second pregnancy was fine and my repeat c-section was EASY and I had no pain during recovery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirl2372
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:07 PM

ok im just scared and the guy that got me pregnant is my ex bf and he is happy because it means he isnt sterile like he was scared he was

remaining_me
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:20 PM
You're not the first, but I suppose it is better to wait. Congrats though! Are you excited about the news?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Why would he think he was sterile? Are you happy?

Quoting countrygirl2372:

ok im just scared and the guy that got me pregnant is my ex bf and he is happy because it means he isnt sterile like he was scared he was

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsNewman
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:28 PM

I was in the same boat. My pregnancy was very hard the second time. My body just wasn't ready to carry another baby. Take care of yourself.

ProudMommy51006
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:30 PM
Well it's definetly not good.
Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:37 PM
You are supposed to give your body 18-24 months to heal, but many people get pregnant that soon. Some even sooner. I had a c section (not emergency), but i am being very careful! My daughter is 8 months, but my husband and i havent even decided on if we want more kids or not lol If so, Debbie will be 2...or 3..or 5...See? So unsure lol Anyway, congratulations though! Be very careful and i hope you have a safe pregnancy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deviljrswifey
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:44 PM
My hubby and finally talked and we are going to TTC and our daughter is 10 months old.. But we want them to grow up together and be close to age.
mommaGof3
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:45 PM
You are supposed to wait. I didn't and it really did a number on my body but I also had 3 kids very close together. Just be careful next time :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN