Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

baby blues or depression?

Posted by   + Show Post
honestly joined this group because i feel so alone as of late. all of my "friends" have disappeared since I've become pregnant because they don't have children! i would love some new mommy friends! i always feel so sad and never want to do anything im not sure if its depression or blues or just the fact that i have no one around anymore ]:
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Replies (11-15):
Viola824
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:50 PM

I've been depressed since a young age ,but as soon as I got preg it got alot worse. I understand what your going through my friends still really won't talk to me and my daughters almost four months old.Plus I just found out I'm preg again so the cycle just started all over. I wish I could say it gets better but it all depends on the friends...

AlanahsMommy623
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:37 AM

mmhmm. It sucks but you got to realize its not your fault they left its their own fault for not being mature enough to be able to stay your friend after you have a baby or they are too selfish to try and make time for you outside of their drama filled life. i had to stop worrying about friend and start worrying about myself and just making myself happy, it sucks at first but eventually youll find other friends. look around your town for like a 'mommy's day out" type thing usually they are free to just go and hang out with other mothers in your area. you never know youll probably find a few other mothers there who have your intrests and are looking for someone to eventually have playdates with. 

Quoting melli_karisa:

exactly! im so glad you understand!

Quoting AlanahsMommy623:

friends who dont have children tend to do that unless they really love babies and stuff. they get this idea is their head that "oh well she'll be no fun anymore because now shes got a baby so whats the point of haning out with her" and usually thats when you realize who your real friends are. and looseing all your friends can cause a bit of depression. it did with me. to this day the only friends i have happen to be my older neighbors who have children, i find despite our age difference i have more in common with them than i do with my old friends, and they still like to go out and drink and have fun even though they have kids they just understand that theres a time and place for it. and soooooo much less drama and what i like to call 'Highschool BS" of whos dating who, who slept with who and all that crap.

mz23
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:39 AM
How old is your baby? I felt like that for awhile but have gotten over it. Try going to some mommy classes, or just do what you would like just bring baby along. Even chatting with people will help, try and plan activities for yourself. So you feel like your doing more than taking care of baby and get some social interactions with others.
RoseBud93
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:12 PM

The many groups on the site and different moms will certainly help. Though I warn you, some of the moms think they are HILARIOUS when they 'troll' and try to piss you off. Not so much in THIS group but some other ones. [specially mom confessions] So look out for that if youre in a bad mood.
Otherwise, WELCOME :3
and I had depression all throughout my pregnancy until the last few months, then the week before I had her I got it back and now I have Postpartum depression, postpartum anxiety and they thought I HAD postpartum psychosis but luckily it faded. I was diagnosed with Postpartum depression only a few days after having my daughter. I was in the E.R. for it [also had to do with the psychosis]. It truly is different for everyone but thebest way to get through it withut medication is to find hobbies and things to occupy your time and keep your happy, find parenting groups in your area [which im working on right now to help with my own depression] and things along that line. but there is always the option of anti depresents prescribed by a phisician. I just personally cant take medications because of an unexplained medical condition. dealing with all my stitches and all that without pain meds was BRUTAL. [I should have had a c-section, it was BAD]
Hopefully you're not as bad as myself though and it goes away soon. it's tough but it will get better !  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

MelanieS61912
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:00 AM

I feel the exact same way

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN