Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Sooo i was thinking

Posted by   + Show Post
I had my first child at 16. She is 8 months old and i am 17. I am married. I was thinking if i do have another child, 21 would be a good age for me. Is 5 years apart from my daughter and the next child a good age range? My husband and i still havent decided if we want another 1 yet, but im just thinking about the IF i do..lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:07 AM
Replies (11-20):
cemcnair
by Courtney on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:56 PM
Two is the closest together I'd want my kids, and four the furthest apart, but that's me!

Quoting Nicki1995:

If i do have another child, i want to try for VBAC, so my daughter would have to be at least 2 anyway lol

Quoting cemcnair:

Seems like a big gap to me, but it's totally up to you guys!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
squeakers2
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I am 12 yrs younger than my oldest sister and we get along great. She is the only sibling I talk to, their choice not mine. One brother doesn't talk to me bc he thinks our mom left his dad for my dad. Other brother I have never met and our dad met him for the first time this last year. Other sister only contacted us when her mom wouldn't give her money and she hasn't talked to me in 6 yrs. However her and our brother are 18 months apart and they don't get along at all bc when my brother was born, their dad's side of the family would tell my sister to go away, she wasn't the baby anymore. My DF and his sister are 5 yrs apart and don't get along at all. They got along until she substained a head injury at 3 and became violent and mean to everyone. His brother is 7 yrs younger and they get along wonderfully. Little brother and sister tolerate each other if they are around one another. My SS and my daughter are 3 yrs and 4 months apart and, while they do irritate each other at times, they get along rather well. My daughter and my son are 3 yrs and like 20 days apart. He is 7 weeks old. She absolutely loves her brother, but he also hasn't lost his new toy smell to her. I'm sure that will change when he start crawling. My SS was the same way when my daughter was a baby... then she learned to move and that's when the annoying each other started.

In another words, it all depends on the kids, how you treat them, so on and so forth. We thought Alexis was gonna be jealous when Z was born, but she is wonderful with him. We make sure she gets alone time with us and is involved with him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yezay
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this
My son will be 6 in feb and I'm 26-27 and I have no plans to have a child in the next few years. The age difference is what you make it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ToriJayne16
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:28 PM

I have actually thought a lot about this, Im almost 17 and my daughter is almost 2 and I always think if my boyfriend and I want to have kids later, when we are actually ready for it, there will be such a big age difference so I was actually thinking maybe like when I'm 21 or 22 ...  although that will be a 6/7 year age difference but I think 5 years is good..

Chillisarah
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's perfect. 

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Wow. Already 2? They grow fast! Are you and your boyfriend going to get married anytime soon? And yeah, 6 or 7 would be a good age difference in my opinion! Plenty of time to prepare and get on your feet!

Quoting ToriJayne16:

I have actually thought a lot about this, Im almost 17 and my daughter is almost 2 and I always think if my boyfriend and I want to have kids later, when we are actually ready for it, there will be such a big age difference so I was actually thinking maybe like when I'm 21 or 22 ...  although that will be a 6/7 year age difference but I think 5 years is good..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilAsMom526
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I have 5 siblings. Two from my moms previous marriage. My brother younger Johnny and i are two years a part fought all the time but also got along too and now that he's grown up we get a long just great. My 4 other siblings my sister Eva and I are two years apart have our moments even now but get along good. We weren't as bad as me and Johnny. My older brother Anthony is 4 years apart have always got along great same as two oldest sisters from my moms previous marriage Sara we are 12 years apart and my sister heather 14 years apart.
remaining_me
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:25 PM
Considering my own situation and my relationship with my siblings, I'd say 4-5 years is a good gap. My younger sister is my best friend and we have a 4 year gap. And having children who are close in age for me is stressful. My daughter potty trained before my next got here, but the idea of having both in diapers was no fun; being pregnant while still having a baby who needs an extreme amount of attention was no fun. By four they're independent in the ways that are best for an expectant mom, Imo.
aniters
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:31 PM
it seems like too big of an age gap to me. my 2 brothers and I are each 2 years apart. my younger brother is 16, I'm 18, older brother is 20. I get along with both of them really good. they're like my best friends :) DF and I are going to start trying for baby #2 after DS's 2nd birthday. we don't want them to be too far apart.
eds6619
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh yes thats a great age difference.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)