Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Raising a bi-racial child

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:01 PM
  • 25 Replies

My fiancé is white and I am black, and we have a child together.  We both have thought carefully on how we want to raise our child to be multi-cultural.  Hopefully when our child is asked about her race, she will say I'm neither black or white, I'm both.  I had a a decent laugh tonight while out to dinner with our child.  An older gentleman walked up to my man and told him how nice it was to see that he was helping out a young mother and her child.  My man didn't miss a beat. This is my daughter, put his face beside hers and told him you gotta see the resemblance and I'm here with my wife.  I only wish he didn't invite the gentleman to pull up a chair and have dinner with us. The gentleman thankfully declined and walked away scratching his head.  Sometimes raising a multi-cultural child has its challenges!!

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cemcnair
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Haha! Good husband! 

mommaGof3
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Go hubby!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
remaining_me
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:04 PM
My children are also mixed. I've had some interesting encounters, but no disrespectful ones, thankfully.
Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:09 PM
I am COMPLETELY against ... nah im just kidding lol I love biracial babies/kids! They are sooo cute. And good for your fiancee for telling him like it is! Sounds like you have a keeper! Lol =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littleinsect
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:14 PM
Good for him! People need to mind their own beeswax lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Luckily my husband and I have never had any encounters with people like that. Some people need to think before they speak!

Cedes_jayy
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Go daddy go.

Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay Daddy!!! Hes awesome. Hope ur dd ends up w his good attitude about everything in life. You're lucky to have such a wonderful man.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livelaughlov26
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this
That man is an idiot. Why would he go up to total strangers and say something so stupid. People never cease to amaze me with their ignorance and outright stupidity.
redbutterfly666
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:07 PM

lol good hubby!!!

my df and i are trying to incorporate our cultures together

im Irish, Scottish, french, Swedish,and native and he's guatemalan and German....its becoming quite difficult combining everything lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN