Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

first ultrasound has me worried! need advice!

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:20 PM
  • 12 Replies

ok so i went and had a ultrasound done last week and couldn't see anything in the womb. is this normal it has me scared to death.

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cemcnair
by Courtney on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:28 PM

How far along do you think you might be? It is really hard to see anything early on!

mommy-2-B104
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:33 PM

i am now 8 weeks

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:35 PM
If the doc hasnt called, surely everything is fine. Try not to stress too much girl! =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
unspecified42
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:38 PM

At 7 weeks you should really be able to see at least something. I was always able to see fetal pole and heartbeat before then. However, it's possible that you ovulated late and aren't that far along.

Quoting mommy-2-B104:

i am now 8 weeks

juniors_momma
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:39 PM

I am six weeks pregnant right now and they couldn't see anything when I had mine.yesterday.. I'm sure everything is fine. they would say something if not. 

mommaGof3
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:58 PM
They are trained to look at them and I am sure they would have said something to you if they thought there was something wrong.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy-2-B104
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:15 PM

the doc checked everything and said that i am deffinetly 8 weeks...but i just thought i would atleast see a little ball or something. he told me that maybe the baby is hidding..idk but it sure is scaring me

unspecified42
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Were they not able to see a gestational sac, or just not a fetal pole? I'm confused because there's nothing else they can check that would determine gestation.

Quoting mommy-2-B104:

the doc checked everything and said that i am deffinetly 8 weeks...but i just thought i would atleast see a little ball or something. he told me that maybe the baby is hidding..idk but it sure is scaring me

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Well it's possible you ovulated late or your uterus is tilted or something. There was a sac right?

By 8 weeks you can usually see something. I saw my last baby really early. Try not to worry but I can't blame you for being concerned.

Good luck.

Quoting mommy-2-B104:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
remaining_me
by Kay on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Hmm idk. Seems odd. What is the next step for you because like the rest said its more likely to see something at that age. When they didn't see anything for me they did a hormone test to determine if baby was still alive. Are they doing the same for you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)