Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Should I?

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:23 PM
  • 3 Replies

Okay, I haven't been in school in over a year. Left High school. Got my diploma online in a short amount of time.

Turns out the "diploma" I studied and took tests for, isn't accreditied at some privately owned colleges. I wanted to do a 9 month certificate program at Tesst College, however, they don't accept my "diploma". But community colleges do. Ive been a stay at home mom for a while and I feel its time to go to college and work towards something to make my daughters life, and mine, a lot brighter. Ive been very blessed that my SO has been able to keep me home for this past year.

Now, I want to start soon. I'm going crazy sitting on my butt letting my brain turn to mush. "spring classes" start jan 28th. Now, thats not very far away. I have to order DD's birth certificate for the financial aid. I am really nervous, especially since I haven't been in school for a while. Should I start at the end of January? I dont know what to do... I'm taking my GED test tomorrow (tesst college accepts GED's) but I feel my whole plan has changed and The community college would be the best way to go because I can actually earn a degree and not a certificate. Even though with tesst I'd have a job sooner than the community college.

I am stuck and I need to make a decision soon. I just want whats best for myself and my daughter. I was a very good student in high school. I'm smart and I feel my brain is not being worked to its potiential right now. Should I just go and start classes at the end of January?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
unspecified42
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Personally, I would choose degree over certification. But I suppose it depends on what you are wanting to do and how far in your career you want to go eventually.

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:37 PM
I hope you arent stressing over the GED test because it is easy. I think i would go with the certificate but thats because you said you could get a job sooner. Idk lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KatieKramer94
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I got talked into the tesst college place, thats kind of why I'm rethinking everything.

Quoting unspecified42:

Personally, I would choose degree over certification. But I suppose it depends on what you are wanting to do and how far in your career you want to go eventually.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN