Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Should I?

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:23 PM
  • 3 Replies

Okay, I haven't been in school in over a year. Left High school. Got my diploma online in a short amount of time.

Turns out the "diploma" I studied and took tests for, isn't accreditied at some privately owned colleges. I wanted to do a 9 month certificate program at Tesst College, however, they don't accept my "diploma". But community colleges do. Ive been a stay at home mom for a while and I feel its time to go to college and work towards something to make my daughters life, and mine, a lot brighter. Ive been very blessed that my SO has been able to keep me home for this past year.

Now, I want to start soon. I'm going crazy sitting on my butt letting my brain turn to mush. "spring classes" start jan 28th. Now, thats not very far away. I have to order DD's birth certificate for the financial aid. I am really nervous, especially since I haven't been in school for a while. Should I start at the end of January? I dont know what to do... I'm taking my GED test tomorrow (tesst college accepts GED's) but I feel my whole plan has changed and The community college would be the best way to go because I can actually earn a degree and not a certificate. Even though with tesst I'd have a job sooner than the community college.

I am stuck and I need to make a decision soon. I just want whats best for myself and my daughter. I was a very good student in high school. I'm smart and I feel my brain is not being worked to its potiential right now. Should I just go and start classes at the end of January?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
unspecified42
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Personally, I would choose degree over certification. But I suppose it depends on what you are wanting to do and how far in your career you want to go eventually.

Nicki1995
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:37 PM
I hope you arent stressing over the GED test because it is easy. I think i would go with the certificate but thats because you said you could get a job sooner. Idk lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KatieKramer94
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I got talked into the tesst college place, thats kind of why I'm rethinking everything.

Quoting unspecified42:

Personally, I would choose degree over certification. But I suppose it depends on what you are wanting to do and how far in your career you want to go eventually.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)