Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Daycare high schools!!!!

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:03 AM
  • 12 Replies
I read an article today about a number of high schools in the Metropolitan area that provide free/discounted child care for students with kids. Some people are against the daycare in high schools claiming that the service will only encourage teens to engage in risky sexually activity because they have a safety net to fall back on at the taxpayers expense while others believe that the service provide teen parents with the opportunity to graduate high school.

What is your view on the topic?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nika87
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:10 AM
2 moms liked this
I think it's a good thing, I do not believe that daycare in high school will encourage teen pregnancy since teens were having kids well before this. Schools are just adapting, providing the customers with what they need the most so to speak!!!!
cemcnair
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:40 AM
I think it's a great thing! Helps mothers finish high school! Life as a teen mother is hard enough.
k.garza
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:52 AM
My high school had a daycare and made sure the fathers were involved in the childs life....
Angelbabii407
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:54 AM
My so's hs had a daycare in it. It was discounted for the students as well as the teachers. The students had to volunteer a period and help out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
addiesmommy1109
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:55 AM
I think it's a great thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Firenygirl180
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:58 AM
2 moms liked this

I think the daycares coupled with a good sex ed program can be beneficial.  If a teen gets pregnant and has no family who can watch their child they may have no choice but to drop out of school.   I definitely don't think in encourages teen pregnancy and it could actually probably help to prevent it.  If classes took a trip there to see how much actually goes into taking care of a child they may think twice about wanting to get pregnant.  

deviljrswifey
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Our high school had that but then so many girls stopped using the program or never went once and they ended it.
JoaquinsMommie
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Daycares In Schools Is A Great Idea Because You Will Have Childcare Provided & You Will Still Have Chance To Finish School!graduate

CFSTBSM27
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:24 PM
I think it would be a safety net at the tax payers expense
pinkiebabii
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this
If a high school in my town had day care, I would go back to school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN