Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

I know I shouldn't let it bother me

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:35 PM
  • 4 Replies
I had a falling out with my aunt and most all of my dad's side of the family. Especially with my aunt. My entire life I was told how much we look alike. Well I let her back into my life and we readded each other to each other's facebook pages. I was looking through her photos and came to one where she had her hair straightened and she looked gorgeous. I started reading through the comments. People were mentioning how much we look alike and then family members started saying if I really looked like her they feel sorry for her and a bunch of comments like that.

I took a good look in the mirror and started crying. I must be completely hideous. I know I shouldn't let it bother me but it really hurts. I haven't cried this much in a long time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
cemcnair
by Courtney on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this
They are jealous. Sweetie, don't let them get to you! Hugs!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
eds6619
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Awwww, how horrible are they?  You shouldn't let it bother you(but I can see how it would). Whatever you do, don't give them the satisfaction of knowing it bothers you.

ktcat217
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:48 PM
That's absolutely crazy! I agree with cemcnair, I thinly they're just being jealous. Usually people bully others to get over things they don't like about themselves. Don't let it get you down :) it's okay.
1.hot.mama2005
by Esther on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:18 AM
I agree. They are just jealous. *hugs*

Quoting cemcnair:

They are jealous. Sweetie, don't let them get to you! Hugs!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)