Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dealing With Dirty looks From Everyone

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:56 PM
  • 25 Replies

Im 19, married, and we just had our son 2 months ago. when I was pregnant, people gave me these awful looks because im so young. and even now that hes born, i still get nasty looks, no matter where I go. im in the military and am no where near my family, so its hard to just ignore it. I had a fellow service member look at me and ask me "what are you doing with your life?! your still a kid and you have one?! and your married?!" and i wanted to tell him off, but i didnt. I get it, im a teen mom and im already married, but we both love our son more than anything in this world and we provide everything and more for him. how do i just ignore the looks and brush off the comments? because its driving me crazy.

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StrawberryCool
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Let it alone.

I get dirty looks from the Catholics cuz im a young mom and married.

I live a block away.

Just ignore them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TexanMomOf6
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:00 PM

How about..."Don't you wish you looked like me at 29??"

noahmommie2012
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:02 PM
dont care what ppl look or say. hell im 21 and married to someone 20 years difference and we have a son together. it shouldnt matter when u hit 18 if ur married or not havign a baby. that ur choice not theirs.
First_One_8_18
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:05 PM
Lol I'm 26, In the army and pregnant with our third. I get the same dirty looks, especially when people ask me if it's our first and i tell them i have a five and three year old. When you figure it out, let me know. I get told every day i look like I'm 20.
JoaquinsMommie
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:09 PM

I Got Pregnant At 15 So Of Course I Got Them Dirty Looks, I Was Kinda Embarrassed But After A While I Didn't Let Them Get To Me I Know That I Was Going To Be Fine As Long As I Got School Over w. And A Job So That I Can Provide For My Son (He Is Now 2) I Was Good And Nobody Couldn't Say Nothing TO Me, I'm Now 18 And Ppl Would Say "He's Cute Is This Your Baby Brother?" You Don't Know How Many Time Ppl Would Ask Me That Sometimes Ppl Would Even Try To Be Funny But I Stick w. My Same Answer "No This Is My Son" And I Keep It Moving Sometimes I Don't Even Respond So I Learned How To Ignore Ppl Nasty Comments Because They Don't Know My Background And What I've Been Through So It Doesn't Phase Me Anymore.........Hopefully My Advice Helped

Kazmira222
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:15 PM
That's really unfortunate cuz I'm due very soon with my first baby boy and I'm 19. I still go to college and work pt. I'm not even with the father anymore and I've been super supportive by ppl. Strangers are even happy for me. O.o I say just ignore them the best you can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama_pink_tink
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Smile and nod. Lol. If it gets to you, dont show it. If your happy, just hold your head high and be proud. When asked, if your throwing your life, etc, just smile and say no, and that God, (or if your not religious, the universe) had a better plan in store for you then to be a 'kid'. It's hard I know. I look very very young for my age and can get judged regularly (I'm the youngest mom in my sons kindergarten class, and I'm 27) and I've gotten to a point where I just smile and say if I wasn't meant to live my life this way, i wouldn't. Hold your head high my dear!!!
jack90
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 4:23 AM
1 mom liked this

i no how you feel hun i went threw the same thing but instead of me being 19 i was 16 and had a baby bump and im 19 and have 2 kids so i get looks all the time i remmber that this man came up to me and said "what are you a young mother or somthing" and i was like yea and he was like "what's wrong with teens like you your nothing but a child haveing a child" that made me cry and i was mad i got married when i was 17  i new my hubby since i was 14 and started to date him when i was 15 . i learned to ignore people becasue i went threw hell with people they can be so mean  and people always asking me why did i mess up my life for that i came to the point were i say fuck it i dont care lol

kimmy_93
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:49 AM

i no how u feel i had my daughter at 18 got married at 19 n now im still 19 n on bby #2.....ppl r goona stare n talk....but hey u can add me if u want it seems like we got stuff in common

AubreeG16
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:50 AM
I was pregnant with twins at 14, had them at 15. Just ignore them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)