Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dealing With Dirty looks From Everyone

Posted by   + Show Post

Im 19, married, and we just had our son 2 months ago. when I was pregnant, people gave me these awful looks because im so young. and even now that hes born, i still get nasty looks, no matter where I go. im in the military and am no where near my family, so its hard to just ignore it. I had a fellow service member look at me and ask me "what are you doing with your life?! your still a kid and you have one?! and your married?!" and i wanted to tell him off, but i didnt. I get it, im a teen mom and im already married, but we both love our son more than anything in this world and we provide everything and more for him. how do i just ignore the looks and brush off the comments? because its driving me crazy.

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Replies (21-25):
happy41ce
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:08 AM

I go through the same thing. I am 23 and I have 4 kids.  look 16 without makeup on. I know I am a good mom so I try not to let the looks get to me.

s.osborne
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Tell them to fuck off.

deviljrswifey
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:02 PM
Thsts normal for people to do though. Unfortunately, but it happens. I use to get that when I was pregnant at 18 and now I still do. Because I am only 19 and I have a 10 month old girl and I'm married.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ElenaTejada12
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:12 PM

i went through the same thing i was prego at 18 had her at 19 she is about to be 5 in january and im 24 but look much younger.. i would and i still hear " how old are you" etc etc people are so rude and so nasty. but honestly age does not define a mother! i used to get upset but now idc or let it phase me because im a great mother and i dont let small minded people get to me i just say people who got to put down others  must feel really horrible about themselves and its sad. dont stress it your blessed.

tommyfan5
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:14 PM

im 19 and have a 5 month old,im not married yet...but i am engaged....i just kill them with kindness :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)