Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Long distance relationships?

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:37 PM
  • 5 Replies
Hi, so I'm in a long distance relationship. He lives in Virginia and I live in Texas, we met through a mutual friend so it wasn't over the Internet or anything like that. We've been together for almost a year now and see each other kinda frequent, about every other month or so. We started making plans to move in together because being apart is just way to hard and it was starting to eat away at us both. Recently I went out there to visit and this goodbye was different. Every time we say goodbye we desensitize ourselves from the situation to make the pain a little more bearable, it's not healthy I know but we can't help it. Anyways he just recently told me that he doesn't see a future with me anymore because he pushed his feelings away, but he wants to continue to work on our relationship, almost like going back to day one, so he can find that special something again. I'm really scared but he just keeps telling me to trust him, I'm not sure what to do, any advice? He says he's not going to give up on us and begs me to do the same...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Hmmm... are you sure there isn't someone else?

jreagan624
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Positive. I know everyone says it but he's not the type to cheat, he's extremely loyal and that's what I love about him. We just desensitize ourselves from one another when it's time to say goodbye because it hurts so much. Trust is the key here, it's just so hard. He's working to relocate those feelings and bring them back, I just hope I'm not waiting for ever...
MissJordy
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 4:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I live with my partner and i've been over in Australia for the last 6 weeks visiting my family and he isn't here for another 2 weeks (due to getting time off work) and i'm finding it extremely difficult being apart.. I guess you could go as far to call us a cuddly clingy relationship but thats perfect for us. I really admire someone who can handle a long distance thing, hopefully you aren't waiting around too long! Would you move to his state or him to yours?

jennyd25
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

if u trust him then try to make it work but in my opinion if he says he kinda lost the spark being away is not gonna bring it back so its time to make a choice move in or break up. Good luck with whatever ur choice is

jreagan624
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Thanks guys! We were planning on me moving there just because we would have more going for us out there, he owns his business and house and stuff. But if I woke up one day and said I didn't want to then he would move down here for me... That's how I feel too, man up or move on, but right now we're just being patient and working on the little stuff...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)