Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should i let my husband take my son to the gun range

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 2:37 AM
  • 22 Replies

My husband want's to take my son to the gun range my son is only three i don't know if i should let him go or not  i trust my husband with him but my son is very young to idk what to do

by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 2:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babid14
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 3:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I dont think thats right to let him go to a gun range so young.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaroGreenly
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 10:47 AM

My kids have been going to the range since they were younger than that. But, there is always more than one adult present (with only one shooting at a time). The kids have also been learning gun safety with air soft guns for a few years. For Christmas this year, my 3 and 5 year olds are each getting their own .22 Cricket rifles.

Really, this is a decision that you and your husband need to made together. Sit down and have a conversation with him about it. 

Firenygirl180
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 10:51 AM

If there will be 2 responsible adults there then I don't see an issue with it.  We plan to start teaching DS about gun safety when he is 3 so he will probably be going to our "range" (an open field where we go to shoot). and looking at the guns and talking about safety.  

I would say if there are going to be a lot of people there and a lot going on it may not be the best idea because you never know what can happen.  If it's your DH and a good friend and just your son I don't see any issues.

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I wouldnt let him take him, but thats just me lol

eds6619
by Emily on Dec. 17, 2012 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this

how old is your son?  I think his age would make a huge difference.  On the other hand, I think gun safety and education is important so I get your dh wanting to take him

deviljrswifey
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 4:25 PM
Um no. 3 years old is not old enough obviously.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shadowfreak
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Its important that kids learn about gun safty. So that if a kid stumbles upon a gun he/she will know that it is not a toy.

lexismom90
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 9:58 PM
I wouldn't just because he is so young. My dad was taking me to the range by about 4-5 but I had to listen very well to him, if I didn't or ignored him just once we left right then. My dad taught me young how to safely handle guns and to always treat them as if loaded.
lexismom90
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Agree 100% I was taught very young about guns and their safety. My dad never gave me a toy gun and to this day I can not stand toy guns or air soft guns being pointed anywhere near my direction.

Quoting shadowfreak:

Its important that kids learn about gun safty. So that if a kid stumbles upon a gun he/she will know that it is not a toy.

jameshac
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Not a good thing to let him do..He's only three and anything can happen...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)